Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

System not running on primary SD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimbo2015

Technical User
Nov 9, 2013
GB
Hi,

Due to an issue on the IP Office we had to reset a customers system. The system is now working but the system is not running on the primary SD software and the error message comes up when I use discover.

Is there anyway to get the system to run on the primary software without having to recreate the SD card?

Thanks in advance,

I think the card is broken.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Its ok I found this;

The system is not able to load the config.cfg file from the SD card.
Thus it now runs on the config loaded in the memory of the IP500V2
Open monitor and go to filter.
Go to services and check the option "Memory commands"
Then pull the card and plug it back in.
If it gives errors then you need to format and recreate it.
IF not then reboot the IPO and see if it is solved.

IF the SD card is a PCS level 1 or 2 then request a license swap to a newer SD card.

I am now doing a format and recreate as the reboot after taking the sd out did not work

The info I found was from you Tlpeter so thanks for that. I am doing a format and recreate anyway but have a spare SD if need be, just hope it does not take to long to get the licences switched over.

Its not looking good so far I have tried to format but nothing is happening

The spare sd I have is on R8 will it be ok to format and recreate this to 9? or would I need an upgrade licence?

I have now tried to format then recreate 2 sd cards so that they are on release 9. When I try to format nothing happens and then if I wait a while and recreate the manager says preparing to copy for ages but nothing ever happens.

Please can someone advise where I going wrong? Could it be the manager software? I have just uninstalled release 9.1 and reinstalled 9

Be patient on the recreate. Sometimes it looks like manager has frozen. But give it 5-10min and it will start chugging along.

Ok thank you, its at 10 minutes with 'not responding' but I will be patient

Every time I have recreated an SD card manager appears 'Not Responding' for a while before the transfer starts. Just be patient, and wait for the 'SD Card Recreated Successfully' message.

This issue happened to me with 3 of my customers. It was actually the IPO chassis that was bad. It had a hard time reading the card and eventually gave up and ran in memory mode. The card worked after replacing the chassis. They were IPO v2's also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back