Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

System Down-IPS2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

gilekele

Technical User
Jul 14, 2011
AU

Hi everyone,

I just did a system reset but the PABX has not rebooted. Is there anything else I can do before calling in the contractor? It is a IPS2000.
For the past 2 days I was unable to connect to the PABX and thought a system reset would do the trick, but it is all systems down now.

Thanks,

g!le.

How can I do a B load OzzieGeorge? I have only done reset via the rotary switch on the CP24 previously a number of times but B load No. I am willing to try anything before the new card arrives.

Thanks,

g!le.

A B load refers to setting the rotary switch to B and doing a reset. This loads default data.

the procedure is set CPU sense wheel to B, press the reset and wait for the LEDs to stop flashing. Set sense wheel back to 0 and DO NOT press the reset. It will reset on it's own. If you set it to C with the same procedure it will load a default program.

Neax I think I will go with your offer as a backup. My Gmail sybonnah@gmail.com .

Thanks,

g!le

The card finally arrived and your fears were correct OzzieGeorge. It is a 2PIM licensed card and we have 5 PIMs. After plugging it in only 2 PIMs are lighting up. I have managed to get our core extensions working while waiting for another card that is being ordered. We have confirmed that it is licensed for 5PIMS. The cost is over the roof but we have no choice..

Few problems I am encountering now.

1.The LCR is working. We are able to make outbound calls. But incoming calls are unable to come through. I have tried calling in but the message comes up "the circuit you are calling is busy". The attendant console does not have dial tone. I have powered off and on but no effect. We have since then replaced the console with a dterm so that the receptionist can make outbound calls. Is there anything else I can do so indials can work? our indial is 32xxyyy.
2.Some of the extensions I have put on line do have dial tones but when called there is no ringing tone. What would be the problem?

Thanks.

g!le.

Our pilot number is 3280xxx. Our do I do digit conversion on DID using CM 76? Say to my ext 308.

Thanks,

g!le.

Contact Neax regarding the 2 pim CPU, He may be able to help and quite quickly!

You will probably need to temporarily redirect the main number using CMD 76 if the console isn't accessible.

The backup database could not be loaded so we had to manually reprogram the ports thru the dterm. Not a easy task with 100 phones! The tech was unable to connect via the LAN but was able to via the dterm.I suspect the network port on the faulty card is also gone. We tried it onto the new one that came but did not allow us to connect.

I have registered on the forum OzzieGeorge. Thanks for the offer.

Thank you for the continuous support. Really appreciate all the help given on this site.

g!le.

There is one digital ext able to call other extensions but unable to receive calls. I have CCC the ext on the LEN and re-entered but no effect. Any hints?

Thanks,

g!le.

When you call it from another Dterm, what does it tell you in the display?

The CP-24 A came minus the network card, no LAN port, no RS232 port.

Thanks,

g!le.

Nothing shows except the ext. I checked call forward, busy and even tried cancel codes *5 , *6, *7
but still the same.

g!le

CP 24 always has an RS232 port on it, it is the white multipin connectors sticking out of the front of the card! There are 2 ports but one is switchable from the modem to the connection on the front. I would be ordering the lead if you don't have one as it can be invaluable in circumstances like this.

If you have a modem handy, you could try setting up the modem on the system and seeing if you can dial into it from an analogue extension. You may then be able to reload through that (never tried it though).

As for the extension, are you sure it has the prime line programmed and a key for that line on it?

Ok, so we have it. I cannot remember anyone connecting to it, nor is there a cable available for it.

For the extension the prime line with the line key is programmed.I have gone as far as changing the phone but still the same. No incoming call.There is no indication on a called extension such as DND, FWD etc.

Thanks OZZieGeorge.

g!le.

Silly question but have you verified that it is the extension you think it is?

Verify some data in the ISDN route.
3512 = the number of incoming digits from telco.
3518>ISDN RT>0 = allows for digit conversion for DID's.
Check out the ISDN/PRI sample programming data on If you cannot connect to the CPU with the MAT program you will have to reprogram the system again. See if you have a RVS or MAT cable. Connect it to the bottom RS-232 port on the CPU. It is defaulted at 9600 bd to allow MAT access. Then you can get a back up for the new CPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back