Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations gmmastros on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

System Numbering NEC SV9100

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liza R

Systems Engineer
Oct 30, 2019
ID
Dear ALl,

in the SV9100 system numbering, is it possible to create an extension with an example like this,
888 and 8881?

thanks

@Sinjisn @CoralTech I use PC Pro CP20 version 13.20.50, it is in program 11-20 from system data (installer lvl)

@mahirgul I just tried the program you shared, but the results are the same as @Sinjisn
Can only dial 1 digit, the first digit is 8, then "Vacant Number" appears
Have you ever tried it and it worked? Maybe there's something missing

Yes, it was a good try, but you are right, it does not work.

NEC SV9100 Expert

BTW, FWIW programming in PCPro is not a good way to be doing this stuff. PCPro is good for a couple things but you should be programming in WebPro for the most part.

CoralTech
FWIW I am of the opposite opinion, care to explain your reasoning?

Hey Ozzie.

Because system programming overlays hardware config. PCPro can corrupt a database with a bad memory block upload (with various updates this can get problematic). I use PCPro for very specific things. Mass CAP key programming, DID numbers and other stuff like that. I always initialize a system and download the base hardware config from a system. I NEVER program in PCpro and upload a complete config because of this very issue. In over 20+ years of doing this way I have never corrupted a database because I follow these rules. I cannot tell you how many techs I have to rescue because they don't follow this procedure. This has been like this since the i-series.

Hi CoralTech

I've never corrupted a system and the benefits of using scripting which can massively speed up the programming of the system and provide certainty that it will work right first time puts me firmly in the PC Pro camp and I've been doing this for 30 years on NEC and 50 years in the industry so we will have to agree to disagree.

Aspire - IPC100 - IPC500 - SV8100 - I've been using PCPro since these times.
I didn't experience any problems. I only use webpro when I have to.
This seems easier and faster to me.

But sometimes ıt can make impossible things seem like they could happen.
But these are really special cases.
I trust PCpro, it has never let me down.

NEC SV9100 Expert

mahirgul, your example is a case and point. You could have uploaded what you did on a system and corrupted that database. Ozzie, to each their own. Having had techs (under me) actually corrupting databases and following their procedures it came down to the same culprit (the PC programming software). After 20+ times of seeing this (some REALLY bad some you don't find for years). I also do sub work for other companies and like clockwork I find unstable systems because of this very issue that I have to find out WTF is going on. So hey, if it works for YOU knock yourself out. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back