Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Symposium + Verint Call recording installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

OpethBWP

MIS
Jan 20, 2006
US
Anyone setup a Symposium + Verint Call recording envt?

I am having a horrible time getting this to work.
Basically the verint connects to the Symposium/Meridian Link to get CTI. Along the way you have to map certain trunks and we just can not seem to ge this to match up.

Hopefully someone here has worked on an setup like this and would give some general ideas.

the only thing verint should need is the IP address of the Clan (MLS)

Mato' Was'aka

Which is exactly what I gave them so the problem is they can't seem to figure out how to do the trunk mapping correctly for their Device file.

I have Symposium, Witness, CS1000E, what type of recording are they trying to do?

Mato' Was'aka

We are doing trunk side tapping...

The forumula Verint provided for determing trunk mapping on a nortel was 1000 * loop plus slot.

So for example loop 3(pri) would be 3001-3023 while loop 22 nonpri would be 22021-22024

that is their formula?? I wonder what that is suppose to do for them? What do they want from you? do they need Nortel Hex for each trunk channel?

Mato' Was'aka

that is their formula?? I wonder what that is suppose to do for them? What do they want from you? do they need Nortel Hex for each trunk channel? "

Basically what you do is connect your loop to a VPP (coupler) which then connects to the VAM(main server) the trunk value based on the fomula above creates a map between incoming trunk and card on the VAM.

Can I use ld 32 to conv hex of a loop? verint does have a util to do some conversion that way

for this specifc project
1 (bch 12)
3 (dch 13)

Not trying to discourage you, buthere it took them over 2 months prior to them getting the line side tapping mapping working properly. If I recall you have to define which channels map to which and the D-Channels must be mapped as well. The formula they provided did not coincide with what they actually got working once it did. By the way we are moving away from the line side tapping as it doesn't truly record the whole conversation in QM using line side tapping. Though after 3 years they did finally get it to working without having to reboot this stupid thing every couple of days. Good luck expect lots of run around, they'll blame every little error they can find. After they got it working we still have all those little errors they were trying to blame on the network etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back