Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Symantec AV

Status
Not open for further replies.

beautektip

IS-IT--Management
Oct 4, 2003
US
Can't Install on some machines with out the admin password.
I have about 40 machines that need AV software. I have 30 of them done but the some of the machines ask for the domain admin username and password. When I enter the domain admin username and password I get a message that username or password not recognized. I have mixed NT/2000 workstations with an NT PDC on which I have Symantec Corp edition installed.

No, I have not exceeded my license. It turned out that the executable had a dependency with MS Word. If word is not installed I received an erroneous message from the VB. It is a shame that the people who compile these programs do not include a list of dependencies. Thanks for thinking about my problem. It is so very rare that one can get the help that is needed from the snots who write this stuff.

You need to check those machines asking for the password to see if you have the appropriate groups in the Administrators group. The issue is, you have logged on to a client with the SSC with a username and password that is not recognized by those clients. Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back