Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SX-50 will not release lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATDanno

Vendor
Jul 25, 2007
US
I have an sx-50 That has three ground start trunks going into it and a fourth loop start. All of the four outgoing lines after a period of time stay off fuck and will not release the calls. When trying to access and outside line you are returned a busy signal at the console. After a system power cycle all four lines will work again for a short period.

Oh my! Just read what siri posted! Off hook, off hook. Sorrrryyy

At a guess, the lines are no longer ground start.

I've seen this happen when the Telco changes it without notification

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

1 confirmed they are 3 ground and one loop, I wonder if changing polarity might effect?

Ground start would not start if polarity is reversed so the symptoms would be different

It may be that you have issues with the ground on the system and it is no longer grounded.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Verified that polarity if ok, able to go off hook on all four lines thru the console and get dial tone and dial out ok. The system will work fine for hours after a reboot. But later on it seems to not be able to hang up the line. When I return i find all 4 lines are unable to be reached thru the console by dialing 9 it gives you a busy signal as with room phones. the card does not show any lights on the co's like it is holding them open. at a loss at this point, they are all on a single 8 port co card, I do have spares and can try swapping and see it that helps.

Siri had it right the first time---and I agree with Kwbmitel.

No lights on card yet line is unable to pull dial tone, On ground start trunks, I'd suspect different ground potential used at your system and the one at the PET (Entrance Protection). Similar issue on an old Rolm Deadwood, once commoned out, GS would work.
For Loop start, supervision was not requested, unavailable due to vintage of CO or faulty - possibly, too far from CO.

KE407122

"The phone was working fine before it knocked over my coffee.

Well, I made sure to give it a common ground and switched cards and same result. The system thinks all of its lines are in use and give you a busy signal when trying to access. The line card is not lit up as if it has them off hook and I can get dial tone from the lines by access them directly with my butt set. Until you power cycle the 50 it will just return a busy signal.

Dan

Your smdr buffer may be filling up preventing call outs . Reseting system empties the buffer for a while .

I do see some type of error of smdr. I also get a loop back error. Can i turn off smdr printing?

Yes you can turn off smdr . Try these commands in programming .
Command Registar field
100 14 c-j
121 3 h
151 2 i
151 4 e
Attendent Function *75 + 0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back