Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SX 200 ICP CFNA and xfer problems

idahomitel

Technical User
Jul 10, 2006
US
GM mailbox name has highjacked the operators default mailbox name, so upon cfna or dial "0", you get the GM name instead of "you are being transferred to the operator". Checked all fwding and re-routing.

using putty - log into the system using RAW port 2002.

-> master_list (0x1)
this will give you a full list of all mailboxes with all of their data including their one-touch options.

When you get that info, it should point you in the right direction.

Also, monitor the SMDR output while testing - that should tell you where a call is going (or attempting).

I see it frequently where Caribbean numbers are used. on all of our Mitel customers, we have blocked all of the Caribbean area codes - sending them to a dead-route. Any customers that have specific needs, are addressed in writing for specific phone numbers only.

All overseas area codes are denied, I have the list. Calls are not going off-site, Dial "0" calls are getting the actual GM's mailbox name.

I would think then that the operator mailbox "0" is set up and has a recorded name from the GM. Look at the mailbox in form 50 to see if its extension is set to the GM's extension.

Done. "0" is transfer only, and the extension is "0".

was that the settings or is that what you changed it to to correct it?

If that was the original settings and the problem persists, check the following:

in form 19, the dial zero point might need to be looked at.

Call in and log into mailbox zero - check to see if there is a recorded name for the GM.

By done I mean checked. That's the way it was/is set. Form 19 nothing unusual, just set for LDN keys. I'll try again to listen to the "0" name. Seems like that wasn't an option, nor is deleting it and re-programming it.

Last edited:
If I was you I'd log into the back end of the voicemail box through the remote like 999 access to mailbox it's giving you trouble and change the extension back to what it's supposed to be the mailbox extension is wrong on the box itself. It's like a ringing destination or something like that it's a feature directly in the mailbox settings dial the voicemail speed dial code access to voicemail using system admin credentials and edit the mailbox 100% problem with the mailbox itself

And remember that there's two zeros in the mitel. One of them's called operator 0 the other one's priority dialed zero. That could be where you're having an issue as well but I doubt it

What happened before this issue occurred did you make any major programming changes? What were the symptoms that led up to this condition?

I don't believe the mailbox has been hijacked but I do believe if you log into the voice prompt that allows you to edit and add and delete mailboxes you should be able to fix it from there don't go into form 19 or any of the voicemail forms just try to do it the old school way through the telephone and listen to the voice prompts of the voicemail. I really do believe your solution is in there somewhere. I believe all this can be done through the telephone by accessing the administration features of the voicemail box

If I'm not mistaken even if you erase a mailbox out of and then put it back it's still holds the prompt information or at least some of the old machines used to. You might want to erase that mailbox and then reset it up and go through all the prompts for that mailbox including the recordings and see if clears it. Another way to fix this might be to load a known good backup copy. But that is only if you did a full system backup

Went in through the phone, edited mailbox 0, gave it a new password, changed the extension back to 0, (had it going to ext 550 sub att because it has a generic greeting for the hotel. Problem mailbox is now deleted, bit when getting transferred to voice mail from a phone, I still get the name greeting for the deleted mailbox.

You need to log into mailbox 0 and check it's prompts and recordings. Listen to the recordings in mailbox 0 and see what they say. I just wonder if somebody recorded the wrong thing in the wrong mailbox it could be remnants from somebody else working on the system before

Also remember to check your day night settings because if your call forwardings are following One path for day they could be following a different path for night

Also remember to check your day night settings because if your call forwardings are following One path for day they could be following a different

Make sure that 550 call forwardings are correct as well things might still be forwarded to 550 that should actually be forwarded to zero those other forwardings

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back