Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SX 200 can't forward to voicemail

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmcilnay

Programmer
Sep 20, 2006
US
Ugh, I know this should be simple, but can't figure out what I'm missing. I have an SX 200 ICP in a motel. Very basic, no PMS, guests do not have voicemail. They have 6 IP phones, 3 used for the hotel, they other 3 are for the owners residence. I set up Tenant 2 for the owner. The trunks are loopstart. One trunk (21) is his direct line. It is in TG 3 which is pointed to 401. 401 is the HGDN for Extensions 155, 156, 157. The trunk and extensions are set to Ten 2. The extensions are in COS 11 which is a duplicate of 1 with the call forward options added. When I call from an external source, the system transfers me to the operator instead of voicemail. I have added CF B/NA to the set in form 9, that only allowed an internal call to be forwarded to voicemail. I'm sure the difference is the Hunt Group, but not sure how to resolve. Thanks!

Is the hunt group actually a ring group?

If so, what is the overflow routing point for the ring group?

When you say that the system transfers you to the operator instead of voicemail does that mean AFTER ringing the phones?

When you say transfer, does it actually say "you are being transferred" or simply that the console starts ringing?

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

It is a Hunt Group set for Ring All.

The overflow is 300(voicemail)

The phones ring 5 or 6 times, then the operator comes on and says "transferring you to the attendant" then the console starts to ring.

The call is proceeding to VM as designed.

there is a Guest room MB associated with the Hunt group and it is not checked in so the VM is transferring the call to the attendant.

Delete the guest room mailbox associated with the HG to get AA or set the MB to extension type if you want the VM to function as a mailbox.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back