Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Switchboard Remains in Front 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

awl

IS-IT--Management
Aug 2, 2001
US
I have a Popup Switchboard and when I press the menu buttons for reports, the reports come in view, however the report displays in the background while the Switchboard remains in front. If I press other buttons on the Switchboard referring to other reports, those reports always display in the background while the Switchboard remains in front. However, if I press a button on the Switchboard that refers to a form, ie select form, that form displays in front of the Switchboard and then the selected report gets pushed behind the Switchboard. To display the report in full view, I have to press the Close button on the Switchboard, so I can see the full report. Then I have to press the Close button on the report to exit Microsoft Access. It seems that the focus remains on the Switchboard for the reports. I compared the Properties of the Switchboard with some of my other databases that work properly and they seem to be the same. If someone has a suggestion or two on how to fix this, I would be grateful. Thanks.

Hi, awl,

Check the Popup and Modal properties of the switchboard form.

Ken S.

Thank you. I changed the Popup to No and Modal was set to No. It works fine. A question though, and I'm not sure if this should be a new thread, however it is related.

When I press any of the Switchboard buttons for reports, the reports are displayed in front, however they are displayed at the left side of the screen and I always have to use the max button to bring up report in full view! Is there a particular cmd on the Switchboard that allows this to be changed to full view automatically? Thanks.

No, it's the Auto Center and Auto Resize properties of the reports that you need to set.

Ken S.

Code:
Private Sub Report_Open(Cancel As Integer)
    DoCmd.Maximize
End Sub
to maximize the report
Code:
Private Sub Report_Close()
    DoCmd.Restore
End Sub
to restore the previous size of the form otherwise for will be displayed in the maximized view

both code on report module

Yes Ken, I changed the Auto Center to Yes and left the Auto Resize at No on one of the Reports and it is now Centered when the button is pressed. For each of the 10 reports I individually made the changes. It works. I thought there would have been a code to cover all reports.

ZmrAbdulla. I created a module Maximize Report, with both code entries, then changed each Has Module of the report properties to Yes and still the reports displayed on the left not in full view, without Ken’s suggestions. Now, my experience with coding is very little. With the “OnCurrent” property of the Switchboard, part of the coding that corresponds to Reports has the following coding that was automatically entered when I created the database. What does this part tell us, if I may?

Private Function HandleButtonClick(intBtn As Integer)
' This function is called when a button is clicked.
' intBtn indicates which button was clicked.

' Open a report.
Case conCmdOpenReport
DoCmd.OpenReport rst![Argument], acPreview

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back