Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Swap License dongle

Status
Not open for further replies.

haironfire

IS-IT--Management
Jan 28, 2008
US
I have one office with 8 port VMPro- only needs 4 (VMPro-3.2.36,IP406v2-3.2.61). Another office with 4 -needs 8 (VMPro-3.2.30,IP406v2-3.2.55). Has anyone tried to swap a license dongle before?

The serial number on the dongle is specific to the license in the IP Office.

PhoneLady

You could swap the dongles but you have to swap the serial numbers in your configuration of the ip office (all of them) so no keeping specific licences, swap them all or swap nothing :)

Yaze.
Chaos, Panic and Disorder, my work here is done.

If you mean that you would like to take dongle A and connect it to IPO B and vice versa - no problem.

But if you have more licenses that you would like to keep on a site, then you need to do a "split swap".
Split Swap = Move for example one license from dongle A to dongle B. Move the rest of the licenses on Dongle A to a new purchased Dongle C. Then return the old Dongle A to Avaya.

I am pretty sure it is all or nothing
Avaya does not accept what you mean

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Voice Services Management

Licence no entered in confguration is unique to the licence dongle.

Serial dongle no's are not entered in the configuration so simply swap dongles between the 2 systems and copy over the licence no from one system to another

USB & Parallel dongles will need their serail no's entering in the relevant config within the SYSTEM sub menu

tlpeter - we have done split swaps, but it was not possible for a few years ago.

You can not split one license in 2. But if you have bought 10 Pm Pro and then 10 more Pm Pro (2 licenses), then you should be able to split them.

only if you give back the license key you have the licenses for and transfer all licenses to other license keys, otherwise you can use them twice and Avaya frowns upon that and bills you for the additional licenses.

Joe W.

FHandw., ACS

If you can't be good, be good at it!

Thanks everyone, there are no other licenses on either system so should be a breeze, right!!??!!
Thanks again.

Can anybody tell me if VoiceMail Pro will continue to run at location A once I remove the dongle to install at location B?
If so, for how long?

2 hours then you are done and have to reboot the service or the PC then you have another 2 hours. Don't take the 2 hours as in 120 minutes they are an estimate only and come close but it might be a few minutes less.

Joe W.

FHandw., ACS

If you can't be good, be good at it!

Didn't think of that possibility- thanks so much.

We moved a VMPro licence from a serial key to smart card when upgrading from IP400 to IP500. Avaya supplied a new licence for the smart card so we had two valid licences. The serial key then had to be returned to get a credit within 30 days.

You could also take advantage of the 30 day trial licences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back