Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Swap Key on 3905

Status
Not open for further replies.

jebloome

Technical User
Jan 31, 2005
US
What is the acronym i use to build a SWAP button on a 3905. According the the quick reference guide for the phone, you need a swap button programmed to be able to toggle between the two parties when performing a transfer.

? which manual

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

It is the Meridian Digital Telephones Quick Reference Guide that you get from Nortel.

Swap automatically comes up if you do not hit connect when the party you are transferring to answers.

how do you toggle between the party you are transfering too and the party you are transferring for. Here is the scenario,
1. I am a call center agent and i receive a call from a customer.
2. I need to escalate "transfer" the call to another center
3. I hit the transfer button, dial the number, and wait for someone to answer but i get an "all agents are busy" announcement.
4. I want to be able to toggle back to my caller and let them know that it may be a minute then be able to toggle back to the other phone center to see if i am still on hold.

According to the quick referrenc guide, you hit the SWAP button to toggle back and forth.

we tried jhenley's response but SWAP did not pop up. is this something that needs to be set up in another load?

It shows up on the display automatically, it is not something you have to program whatsoever.

Test the swap by transferring to an extension # that you know will answer. Your issue is probably where you are transferring too. The system is not considering the all agents busy recording as being answered, where the swap key is concerned. You would have to go back on the line that was placed on transfer hold and let caller know they may have to wait and then transfer again.

we did test that. we transfered to an offnet phone and answered but we never received the SWAP command before we completed the transfer. once the transfer key is hit, the call is released. If we hit the conference key, then the call is conferenced between all three parties. is there anything else i can try?

you may need to upgrade your firmware to see swap

To transfer a call, we press the 'Trans' key, dial the desired number and wait for response. Once we get a response, we press the 'Trans' key again to complete transfer. If we get a busy tone from the called end or due to any reason the transfer can not be completed, the DN key (next to which a telephone icon goes on blinking till the transfer is completed) is to be pressed lightly. This will lead to cancelation of the tansfer action and return us to the first party. I think, the 'Swap' key is specific to particular models of Nortel phones.

i want to thank everyone for their input on this. i may need to open a ticket on this to understand why it is not working properly. we are using 3904 phones but not for sure what firmware i am running.

ld 32
fwvu x x x x

will show the firmware of the set

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back