Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SV9100 SIP Server Not Found

conxtel

Technical User
May 12, 2014
CA
I have a new 9100 with all IP phones, and all have static IP addresses.

When I connect the phones to my network (nothing else is on the switches) the phones come up without issue. When I connect the network into my gateway device, after a couple minutes, the phones all lose connection to the system and start saying SIP Server Not Found.

I am using Ubiquiti PoE switches and a Meraki Z3 gateway. Trying to connect to two other sites via IP-CCIS through the Meraki devices. It works for a few minutes until the phones lose connection. The other two sites are all digital phones, so just one site having issues.

Any ideas?

Open wireshark on the SV9100. Use the other networking port directly to a laptop. You will find you answer. Either conflict, DOS, etc. Absolutely a networking issue.

A few years ago I had a customer who changed out their Cisco switch for a Ubiquity. That switch had an issue with multiple IP address associated with the SV9100 CPU. The primary issue was Netlink would reset every 20 minutes. once I mentioned to the programmer who was setting up the Ubiquity switch that the NEC is more like a switch itself than a single network end device he made a change in it that fixed the issue.

I am not sure what he did or if the change would help you.

There are 10 kinds of people in the World.

Those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back