Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SV9100 / DT700 Full Port

Status
Not open for further replies.

GavinWCNS

IS-IT--Management
Mar 28, 2023
AU
I manage a NEC SV9100 that I inherited when the previous IT Manager left. I am running into the issue of Full Port when connecting IP handsets. Feature Number 0300 shows 180 LIcence quantity, with 0 remain. 5111 IP Terminal shows 102 license quantity, with 2 remain.

How do I deleted any unused ports? We only have IP handsets (DT700/DT800). All older digital handsets were removed years ago. I have counted our active extension and we only have 100 in use, so I'm not sure where the remaining 80 system ports have gone.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

connect to the system using WEBPro. Go to MB 90-43, see below.
Use Program 90-43 : Deleting Terminal License of DT900/DT800 to delete the terminal license
information delivered to the IP Multiline Terminal.

Program 90 : Maintenance Program
90-43 : Deleting Terminal License of DT900/DT800

 This program is available only via telephone programming and not through PC
Programming.
Input Data
Extension Number Up to eight digits
Item
No. Item Input Data
01 Delete Terminal License Dial 1+ press Transfer
(Press Transfer to cancel.)

I can't see 90-43 in WebPro or PCPro.

I only have 101 extensions, with 101 handsets. Here is a screenshot from PCPro. All 5 digit extensions are active. The 3 digit extensions in MLT where the old phones that have been removed.
Screenshot_2024-02-08_082050_apfie8.png

Here is a screenshot of the Licence/Feature Activation Page from WebPro. I managed to free up 1 system port by deleting an unused extension somehow.
Screenshot_2024-02-08_082213_zcz82z.png

Here are the cards installed in the Chassis according to WebPro. When I look at the physical chassis only the 3 on the left are actually installed. The ones on the right are not - they are sitting in front of me and haven't been installed for several years now. Does that mean I should be able to delete them from WebPro and would that free up ports?
Screenshot_2024-02-08_082643_za8uqm.png

Sorry for being so dumb with this. I only need to make it last until the end of this year at the latest. Even if I can only free up 3-4 ports that will be enough to get me by for now. We will be moving to a managed Teams based service over the course of this year.

Only other thing is that you don't have an ext number available AND in the correct spot. That will also give you that error. I mean Teams is the same way, just you are paying someone else (every month) to fix this.

Yeah I've added the extension into 11-02. I just added one in and connected a phone and it came up with an ex Staff members name. So at some point this extension was used, and deleted, but the system remembers. I'll keep fumbling my way through. I might be able to take an extension off a room that is not used as much. With any luck no one will notice before the phone system is removed.

And yeah I know Teams is the same. But it won't be my problem. Head office will be managing it on behalf of the cluster of schools, rather than each school running their own phone system with no support.

You need to log in as the administrator. Lesser log ins will block you.

You should look up a local vendor to get you through. It's not like NEC is going anywhere owning like 40% of SMB.

Ok so I have hit this very same issue in the past and you won't believe the cause! The system allocates ports starting at the first number and then consecutively from there, So if you have gaps in your numbering plan, you loose however many ports are in the gap. there are two ways to overcome this. 1. Reallocate the ports manually or 2. bite the bullet and buy more licenses. My customer looked at the time it would take to manually tidy things up and bought additional licenses, it worked out cheaper.

Just looked further and you say you have removed all the legacy handsets and only have IP handsets but 55 system ports will still be allocated to the MLT phones as shown in your screen shot. Did you remove the cards? If you do, be careful as it may shuffle all the extension numbers as it reallocates the ports.

Interesting about the ports. The support person we used to get to manage this told us to assign extensions to anything above port 64 for some reason. I tend to just use the first available port after that.

I managed to free up 2 ports to assign the numbers I need. I believe head office will have a new phone system in by June this year, so I will leave things as is for now.

You have IP phones registered to the system probably that are no longer connected. You would have to create the ext numbers in every port that could of been used and go 1 by 1 with an IP phone and as it connects to the PBX you would then see the registration in program 90-23, when you see it there you can delete the registered IP phone. that is the only way I have found out to fix it

Or just use the NEC IP phone tool and go out and see what is on the network active.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back