Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SV9100 Call Forwarding Issue For External Callers

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBNB

IS-IT--Management
Jun 25, 2010
CA
Hello, we have a SV9100 set up with Comcast SIP and we're having a problem with call forwarding. Our users sometimes need to forward their extensions to their mobile phone. When this is set up, call forwarding works fine when the caller is calling from an internal extension on our SV9100 system. When it's an external caller, the user's mobile phone rings but the external caller gets sent straight to the user's voicemail.

Here's what happens:

1) The auto-attendant answers and the external caller dials the extension.
2) There is a beep and then a pause that lasts around 7 seconds.
3) The mobile phone rings but the external caller hears half a ring and gets the user's voicemail.
4) When I look at the admin/reception handset the SIP line that was used is now stuck on busy/camp.

Does anyone have any idea on how to resolve the issue? Any help would be appreciated!

14-01-24 may have a bearing on this. If enabled, does Comcast allow random CPN's?

Thank you for the reply.

14-01-13 is enabled for all SIP trunks.

14-01-24 is not enabled. I'm not sure if Comwave (I accidentally typed Comcast in my original post...our carrier is Comwave) allows random CPNs. I'll send them an email and find out. Would enabling 14-01-24 for a quick test mess up anything?

It wouldn't mess anything up, but with 14-01-24 not enabled the system would use the CPN defined in 21-19 or 21-17, or the default Comwave CPN. So CPN is not likely the problem. I'm assuming you're using All-Calls forwarding. What happens to the call if you use Busy/No Answer forwarding instead?

I'll try using busy/no answer at the end of the day to see what happens. If it ends up camping a line then I'll have to reboot the system. I'd rather not do that during the business day.

It's a CP20

The Main Software version is 10.60.53

If it also fails, you might run a packet capture in WebPro with only the SIP Trunk filter enabled.

I tried forwarding to my cell phone with All Calls and with Busy/No Answer.

Call Forward Busy/No Answer - straight to voicemail, rings on cell phone and the line is now camped/busy.

Call Forward All Calls - straight to voicemail, does not ring on cell phone.

It looks like we're not using mobile extensions according to 15-22 and it doesn't look like we're using ARS. The ARS service (26-01) is not enabled.

Try adding a # to the end of your dial string to see if it goes through.

Yay, progress! Added a # to the dial string and got different results:

Call Forward Busy/No Answer - Seems to be working now. The NEC handset in my office rings four times and then the call is forwarded to my cell. I am able to take the call on my cell.

Call Forward All Calls - straight to voicemail, rings on cell phone and the line is now camped/busy.

I'm happy that the Forward Busy/No Answer options is working but we would still like to have the All Calls forwarding option working if possible.

20-11-12 was unchecked. I enabled it and tried using the All Calls Fowarding option and it still went straight to voicemail, rings on cell phone and the line is now camped/busy.

Stupid question, but is the VM box for that ext set to go directly to vm in the vm mb settings? I am assuming you are not an NEC tech here because there is a litany of things you would need to go through with end users.

I am not an NEC tech. Just an IT manager trying to figure out a few things. Our phone tech has been unavailable lately.

As far as I can tell, the extension (which is mine) is not set to go directly to vm. I'm guessing that setting would be in 47-02 like maybe 47-02-09?

Did you check your extensions COS? Also, is your DAT table (VM) set for UTRF or TRF? Should be set for UTRF for most applications. The fact CFNA works to your cell seems odd that CFA would not work. I mean, with SIP or digital trunking I ALWAYS enable ARS so that is dials immediately. The whole # thing just makes it dial immediately without ARS.

CoralTech I think you're onto it. I can't think of any other way for the call to end up in a user's VM. The Unscreened transfer is the way to go.

Thanks for the info. We have a contractor looking at the system tomorrow. I'll pass along the info in this thread. Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back