Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SV8300 Standard SIP Phones problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

cnyamukondiwa

Technical User
Nov 11, 2014
ZW
Dear Colleagues,

Would anyone assist me with the challenge I have on Standard SIP phones at one of our clients which is a Hotel.
1.I was failing to call from room to room, but I was able to call from DT700 to the standard SIP phone and the vise versa, but failing to call standard to standard. This only worked after a system reset.

Could there be something that is not configured right in the system.

Thanking you in advance.

CM1001 (Assign the SIP Converter Numbers - RESET REQUIRED)
1st Data = xxxx : IP Terminal Port (0000-2047)
2nd Data = EECzzz : zzz = SIP Converter Number (000-127)

In short a system reset is required after you program the SIP Converter Numbers.

Good Day Neax,

I would to thank you for your response.
How would please clarify something for me.
Is there a sequence of assigning the SIP converters, as they were already assigned.
Does it mean, that for standard IP phone on Port 000 should match with SIP converter, port 0000?

Regards,
Cleophas

No, the SIP Converter Number assigned in CM1001 does not need to line up with Ports assigned in CM1004.

The important thing to know is, each SIP Converter Number supports speech path for up to 3 STD SIP phones.

In other words, if you wanted to have 4 SIP phones talking simultaneously you would need at least to assign 2 SIP Converter Numbers which would give you a max a 6 simultaneous STD SIP calls.

No further PBX resets should be necessary.

Dear Neax,

Thanks for the feedback.
Could this this be something to do with the network,because the surprising thing is that the system was working fine but all of a sudden they stop working and only work after a system reset.

Regards,

Cleophas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back