Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SV8300 fails to respond to SIP REGISTER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 4, 2013
US
We are attempting to move some phones to a different VLAN than our PBX. If I do not auto configure the phone via FTP the phone on (vlan 200) registers with the PBX (vlan 10) and all is well using LLDP.

However, If the phone is auto configured via FTP, the SIP REGISTER packet makes it to the PBX, but the PBX fails to respond. I am not a SIP expect and I understand that NEC SIP packets are not RFC compliant.

The configuration file was generated from IP Phone Manager 6.01. I have tried both DT700 6 and 12 button phones with firmware 05.00.05 and 05.00.03.

This capture was taken at the VOIP port of the PBX.

Sample frames of the SIP REGISTER request http:/216.26.158.189/nec-sip-register.pcap

Configuration file downloaded to the phone

My dealer and NEC seem to be at a loss and I'm hoping someone has run into this issue before.

Regards,

If you are using SIP option 120 in LLDP what are you trying to accomplish with the FTP download? with LLDP SIP option 120 your ITL phone should come to log in prompt of course the default port must change to 5080 from 5060 if this is an SV8300 which based on the R8 I believe it is. This can also be accomplished utilizing the LLDP. Unless I am reading this wrong there really is no need for an FTP auto config if your using LLDP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back