Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Desperate to get SIP running on a SV9100 system 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

noahg350

Systems Engineer
Aug 17, 2023
US
Hello all,

I am working on a SV9100 install and getting severally roadblocked by my network and SIP registration failing. Between ATT, NEC and Nuso the carrier, nothing is obvious. I have verified that ports are open, the firewall is open ect.

I have 8 analog line cards and a single CP20, no netlink or other complexities. I am thinking the system is pointing at the wrong trunk group somehow, could someone help me troubleshoot please? Iv been at this for a few days and for a lack of better words, I am desperate.

After a packet capture during an attempted call, it looks like the DNS is not reaching its destination if I am saying the right.

DB attached.

Thank you

-Noah

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=7e684185-66f2-4fd7-ab65-c3fe794055da&file=Database_Home2SuitesGB_3-19-2024.pcpx2
Can you be a little more specific of what to look for on the wireshark? Do I want to see outgoing or incoming packets from the IPL?
I am getting a lot of "who is .....241" is out IPL voip card.

Ya, I'm seeing absolutely nothing on that capture. You do realize you can capture that right on the NEC right? Turn off all the filters. Have you ever done this before or are you trying to google/tek forum this?

Hi again,

No I have done this before but the ATT service at this site is being tricky. I have attached a Pcap from the internal pcap while I was turning the trunk on and off with 10-36.

Thank you
-Noah

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=47caa95b-8b0b-4375-bcef-65392a1ce333&file=441021655884_130321162434.pcap
Hi Coral,

My 10's of hours into the ATT void seemed to have paid off. I was packing up this morning to go home empty handed and decided to check the system a final time. SIP was registered! The ATT changes must have taken effect overnight. They turned off "DND error assist" and everything worked perfectly for audio, inbound and outbound calls.

DNS error assist is not a router setting, it is a setting found on your ATT portal where you pay your bill under "security choices".

Thank you for your help and feel free to pass people my way who are experiencing this DNS issue.

Thank you again.

-Noah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back