Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SUNW 1.20.4, not found

Status
Not open for further replies.

vut

Technical User
Nov 18, 2004
GB
I am trying to connect to an Oracle database from a remote machine, and when I try to tnsping the database I do get the following message:

ld.so.1: tnsping: fatal: libc.so.1: version `SUNW_1.20.4' not found (required by file /dados4/ora9/ora_home/lib/libclntsh.so.9.0)
ld.so.1: tnsping: fatal: libc.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory
Killed

I have downloaded the SUNW_1.20.4 => 109147-37 patch and installed it, but unfortunately I still get the same message.

Any helpful thoughts are far more than welcome.
vut

Maybe the patch requires a reboot to fully apply? It should tell you in the readme.

I have rebooted the station several (more than 3 times), but there is no change.

What is your LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable set to? Does it contain the location of libc.so.1, which is usually /lib?

Annihilannic.

After installing the same patch cluster on both stations I am now able to connect.

Thank you,
vut

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back