Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Subform Record is changing

Status
Not open for further replies.

MorningSun

Technical User
Sep 18, 2003
US
I am working with Access 2003. I have a form with a subform on it. When a user opens the form it creates a record in a Main table and when they enter information on the subform it creates a corresponding record in a different table linked by AuditNumber which is the primary key in the main table and foreign key in the other table. The user is able to add multiple records to the subform.

Everything works great except at random times, the subform will automatically switch records... for example, they are on Audit 25 and they've entered 3 records on the subform. If they are on the 3rd record in the subform sometimes it jumps back to the 1st record on the subform for no reason.

Has anyone seen this happen? My back end is in a shared network folder and the front end is copied to the user's hard drive. I've verified that 2 users are not in the same record at the same time.

HELP!!

PLEASE RECYCLE AND ENCOURAGE YOUR OFFICE/COWORKERS TO DO SO AS WELL.

No code somewhere requerying the subform ?

Hope This Helps, PH.
FAQ219-2884
FAQ181-2886

All the code is on the OnClick events. The "sub"record changes without the user touching anything. I've recreated the situation by opening the audit, going to the 2nd sub-record and just sitting there. After a little while, the subform will flip back to the first record without me touching a thing.

I do have a counter on the form that uses the AbsolutePositionX to find the current record. I think when I take this code off, it doesn't change records anymore. But it is a random changing so I'm not 100% sure yet.

Would you have any idea if that function can cause this? The form calls the code on load and then adjusts it if the user clicks a next record button or previous record button.

I might have to resort back to the system record counter/selector. Just wondering if anyone might know if/why that could cause a problem.

I appreciate your input very much!!

Nevermind the last post. The record is still changing even without the AbsolutePositionX code...??? I'm perplexed!

Does anyone know if there is a Windows refresh that envokes if you let a link Access DB 'sit' there without entering or changing data? Anything to do with API calls?

Thank you,

Picard012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back