Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Subform querying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mudshark

Programmer
Sep 26, 2000
US
I appreciate, as always, the time people take to post answers to problems we are having...

In Access 2000:

I have a main form containing several sub-forms (one to many relationship). I want to query on a value found in one of the sub-forms and then display that record which meets my query - which would involve updating the main form and all of it's sub-forms....

Do I have to define overall form on a view (i.e. query) instead of the main table? How do you "back-track update" from a subform record to the main form which displays the subform?

thanks in advance for taking the time.

Mudshark

My way of handling this issue was to create a form with comboboxes for fields that a user may wish to search by. When they narrow the search and select that record. Which will allow you to use the value of a record identifier in requerying your master display form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back