Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Subform problems - Help please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

poctok

Technical User
Jun 1, 2001
GB
The problem is this. I have a main form with a company id (comID) and two subforms:

subContactsbyCompany and
subSubscriptionsbyCompany.

These subforms each have their own SourceObject i.e. two separate queries which link to the company ID in the main form.

Each form works individually. But I notice in design view (and in normal view when I save) that when I save the design the subforms take it in turn to switch SourceObjects. What I end up with is two subforms showing the same thing.

I've started again and recreated all elements but it just keeps happening? I tried switching off the child/parent linking and setting in sql but can't get that to work - and don't see why the correct way doens't work.

Can any body save my bacon?

The information you provide is confusing. SourceObject is a property of a subform control that specifies the name of the form to displayed in the control. You seem to be saying that you're setting the SourceObject properties to the names of queries. I can't tell if you're talking about the SourceObject properties of the subform controls, or the RecordSource properties of the two forms you use as subforms. Could you please clarify? Rick Sprague

Rick - thanks for the reply. It is the SourceObject that keeps changing. I can get it to show the subforms I want in the form in design view but when I press save it changes so that one subform is repeated twice?

Poctok

Fixed it. Don't know how. Started again (for the third time) and something I did must have worked. Checked against old version from backup and no difference at all. Corruption? Who knows.
Thanks for your help anyway.
poctok

Yeah, probably corruption. Glad you got it fixed. Rick Sprague

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back