Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Subform not displaying data, think it's a permissions issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerbers404

Programmer
Jun 11, 2001
US
Hello community,

I have secured Access DB. All users are in one of 2 groups, "Admins" or "Full Data Users" I am in the Admins group.

I have a form that contains a subform. I have re-worked the query that is the source of the subform to improve efficiency. When I open the form from my login, (Admins group) I can see the data in the subform displayed correctly. When my users open the form, (Full Data Users group) the subform is blank. I have tried manually adding permissions to the form, subform, and query to give the members of the non-admins group the same permissions as I have, but this does not seem to make a difference.

When "Full Data Users" log into the DB,there are some restrictions applied to them so that the system is protected (disabling shift key, hiding the DB window, etc.) However, I can't see any restriction that I place on that group that would cause the data in the subform to not be displayed.

Any ideas on what I could check, or is there something I missed?

Thanks!

Gerbers404

I'd try to use WITH OWNERACCESS OPTION in the SQL code of the relevant query.

Hope This Helps, PH.
FAQ219-2884
FAQ181-2886

Thanks PHV, but that didn't change anything.

Gerbers404

Is it possible that this is something that could be resolved from a decompile / recompile of the app?

Gerbers404

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back