Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Subform Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

egobbitz

Programmer
Oct 18, 2002
US
I am not sure if this has been covered, I looked up Subform but couldn't see it.
I have a form that I want to have a combo box that gets values from a table. I have a subform that lists the related records in another table based on the value in the combo box. I want the user to be able to select a value in the combo box and have the corresponding subform values to update to the new set of related records.

How do I do that?
Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Nick

Hey Nick,

I'm a newbie who's not very sure of herself, but i think there's a pretty simple solution to this (that is, if I'm understanding you correctly).

Once you've created your two forms and placed the subform in the main one, select the entire subform and view its properties. Choose the data tab and in the "link child fields" text box, choose or type the name of the field from the table/query that your subform is based on that is related to the information in your combo box. Then, in the "link master fields" text box, type the name of your combo box.

Let me know if I confused you please.
garfunkel41

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back