Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Subform Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

qad122

Technical User
Nov 14, 2002
US
I have a continous subform that lists product name, unit price, qty, and extended price. I have a combo box set to the product name, and I have a default value on the Item Unit Price (=DLookup("[ProdUnitPrice}", "tblProduct", "[ProdID]= '" & [Me]![ItemProdID] & "'"

When entering in a new sale line item order, everything works fine, except that the next line, (which contains no data) gives a #Name?, under the unit qty on the next blank row. This prevents the sub-totaling etc. How do I keep the next blank row clear.

The syntax for your Default property is invalid. It should be:
DLookup("[ProdUnitPrice]", "tblProduct", "[ProdID]= '" & [Me]![ItemProdID] & "'")

If that's what you actually had and what you gave us just had typos in it, try again.
Rick Sprague
To write a program from scratch, first create the universe. - Paraphrased from Albert Einstein

Hey Rick,

Sorry for the "typos", but I do have the correct sequence in my database. I don't know if this helps, but I do put a requery in, and I am thinking that the subform just needs to possibly refresh itself? I have no idea...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back