Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Subform and make table query

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wes1961

Technical User
Aug 21, 2001
US
I have created a cross tab query to sum orders from current week forward. Also, not every week will be represented in the crosstab since it is possible that there would be no orders for that week. I then use a make table query since you can't use a crosstab on a subform.

My problem is that every time I run this I get different field names in the table.

I'm sure that this has to be simple but I can't figure it out. Can someone help me?

Hi
I am using Access 2000 and I can put a crosstab on a subform. Could it be some other problem?

I get the error message:

You can't use a pass-through query or a non-fixed-column crosstab as a record source for a subform.

Since the column names change every week (current week plus the next 9 weeks). I don't know how to 'fix' the columnheadings property.

Hi
This may be a bad suggestion, but could you create a small table called, say, ColHeads:
[tt]ColHeads Week No
This Week 7
This Week +1 8[/tt]

Then link to this table so your headings would always read: 'This Week', 'Week +1' etc. Blank weeks would turn up a blank column. A little coding could be used to look up names for weeks to put in text boxes.

Just thinking [idea]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back