Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Subform Addition #Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

karassik

Technical User
Mar 27, 2002
US
I am running Access 2000. The problem form is for tracking Hours. I have a main form that hold employees names and a continuous subform is fed off of those names. The subform holds the date and hours and operation, so one day could have multiple entries. I have some a Text box on the bottom of the form for total hours from the most recent day and then total hours from the most recent week. For the most recent weeks hours I have 7 text boxes. Mon,Tues,etc. with : =Nz(DSum("[HoursDetail]","qryHoursDetail","[HoursDate]=([Monday])"),0) and [Monday] is the most recent weeks Monday. For Tuesday, I have ...[HoursDate]=([Monday]+1...
The text boxes Mon, Tues...Sun are not visible.

The problem is that the text box that adds together(Most recent weeks Hours), [Mon] thru [Sun] inconsistenly gets and # Error showing in it, when I am on a particular record in the form, though that records date may before [Monday], so it shouldn't show in the most recent weeks hours. If I retype the hours amount, the error goes away, but if I change the employee and then go back, the error typically shows up when I have selected a totally different record?!##$#

Any suggestions please....

Nishan

I thought I might repost so, someone else who has had a similar experience could post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back