Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sub-Sub-Sub-Form Issue? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thenolos

Technical User
Jul 15, 2004
Hello guys.

I seem to have a problem implementing a subform within a subform, within a subform... you get the idea.

Anyways. The subform works great when the main form it is in is opened on its own. It also works when the subform it is in is opened as a subform. However when the form it is in is opened as a subsubform, It does not display.

I've seen posts where other people have gone this deep with multiple subforms, so I feel like I'm overlooking something.

Any ideas?

Hi, Thenolos,

You may nest subforms up to seven levels deep. Would you mind clarifying/rephrasing your question? From your post I'm not sure which level subform is not working, and under what circumstances.

Ken S.

Thanks for the response Eupher.

Not much to clarify really... according to what you are saying It should be working... odd... I've got a stray variable somewhere or an incorrect reference in a query or something. I'm going to investigate further and see what I can dig up. This just boggles my mind because you would think that if the form was going to be blank at one level, it wouldn't change just because you move it up... no fields affect it at all...

Sorry to be vague... I just don't really have anything else to lead anyone (including myself) in the right direction... Let me do some more digging... I'll post a followup if I can figure it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back