Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Strange thing going on....

Status
Not open for further replies.

HanSolo111

Technical User
Aug 6, 2007
BE
Ok, so I have a user who complains that she cannot make any calls. As soon as she tried to dial a number, she would get a busy tone...

So I thought: I'll out the TN, and re-create it.

What happened, was that I could not out the TN in station administration or Terminal Emulation. I would get either SCH0805 or SCH0128 errors.

I tried printing the TN and DN and was surprised to see that both the TN and DN did not exist!
Although it exists in Station Administration and not on the switch... that is strange.
So, in Station Administration, I selected the TN, clicked Edit, dit a Global update, selected SSTAT, old value 'OUT' and new value 'NEW', and transmitted this.

Now when I print the TN in terminal emulation, it shows the whole config, including the correct DN for this TN.

However, when I dial the DN, I get a fast busytone....

When I print the DN it says: "no act since no date"
So the DN does NOT exist anymore?

How strange is that??

Also, I cannot OUT the TN in Terminal Emulation... I get a 'The TN does not exist' error!

Anyone knows how to fix this? I suppose recreating the DN wouldn't do the trick?

Best regards,
HS

How about out it both in OTM and make sure it is outed in the switch and then build it on a new TN ...

Oh wait ... when it showed the whole config did you do a stat (TN) to see if the unit was disabled? If it was disabled status it would give you a busy. Just have to re-enable it. I would imagine that it would be in disabled status when you rebuilt it since it was having 'sync issues' :D My best guesses so far anyway. Good luck!
This is why we hate OTM ;D

Sounds like it was never transmitted to the switch. Make sure that it is "new" status after you rebuild it, and that you then, transmit it to the switch and the status changes. Call the DN and test.
Once a year, we have the customer out their database and re-sync with the switch to keep everything up to date.

DocVic
Dedicated to Nortel Products till the end.
Need help? Call Me Now!

It is not disabled... but I enabled the TN again...
Thing is, that when I OUT the station in Station Administration and do a Synchronise->transmit, the sync windows gets stuck at this:

REQ: OUT
TYPE: 2616
TN 8 0 1 3
SCH0128
TN

Then it just sits there, and tries again and gives an error "’failed to retreive. The data may be incomplete’’

And nothing happened. The TN still is visible in Station Administration...

Could it be a corruption of some sort?

Go to the command line in your PBX and build a basic 2616 on that TN, does not need keys etc building, you can actually enter through just about everything, then run OTM, this will give it something in the PBX to delete, then it will enter back in what you really want out of the OTM.

Remove (don't out) the TN in OTM, and try to rebuild it. If that doesn't work, you might want to start over. Delete you customer database in OTM, then re-sync. It happens...

DocVic
Need help? Call Me Now!

I went to the command line in pbx and build a basic 2616 on that TN like you said.
Then I retrieved this in the MAT, and it retrieved the settings that I changed in the pbx...

But when I make changes there, and try to transmit it to the switch, I get an SCH0128 error...

Aaaargh annoying!! :)

Take another TN. I would say this is a TN Corruption. Better make a EDD and sysload the switch

Meridian, Callpilot, CCM (Symposium) from Germany

no matter what you do, command line or the coloring book option.. you have tn/dn corruption.. you need to delete the file in pdt/u.. or change her tn and dn.. restarting the switch will not help..

want to recreate the problem.. make a call, do a change.. as you hit the last enter, transfer that call.. poof.. tn/dn are in digital purgatory.. best way to prevent that is to disu a station then do the change

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I noticed you said MAT. That could be part of your corruption problem. Upgrade...

DocVic
Need help? Call Me Now!

@John, thanks...I was already thinking that it might be corruption....darn..

@DocVic: Yes, we're using MAT on a genuine Windows 95 PC, would you believe it! :)

Upgrade is not an option, as we're moving away from Nortel and upgrading all phones to Avaya.

But in the meantime, the Nortel phones need to be kept up and running.

Guess I'll be changing the TN/DN then.

Thanks!

I do not agree that it is corruption in PBX

This is typical of MAT if had error trying to rebuild after outing. it always tries twice so after 1st attemp TN no longer exists.

What you need to do is change sync status to new (probably is RPL now).
Highlight TN in Station Admin Edit/global update - select SSTAT - old value RPL new value NEW - click Add button then ok and ok again
Sync Status should now be new

Clear Log file
Sync/Transmit/log/clear

re-transmit
it will probably fail again but this time go to Log file and see why it failed - correct problem and try again.

I agree with Reusser, MAT often had this issue. Rename the file that has all the phones in it, then pull a new file from the PBX. Once you have the new download you can delete the old phone file you renamed. If this Phone does not appear on the new download, build it new.

@Reusser: I did this, and the transmit went ok.
However, I still cannot call extension 1524, it gives me a fast busytone.

When I print the TN in the pbx, I can see the config.
When I print the DN, it says 'no act since no date'.
So you would assume that it is not in use... However, when I try to use that DN on another TN, I get an error stating that the DN is not unique.

Called our vendor, they say it's a DN corruption. They will remove the corruption and contact me again.

OK... So our vendor removed the corruption in the pbx.
I was able to create the TN with the old DN again.
And the phone was reachable.

However, in MAT the record still existed as OUT.
So I restored the record to TRN and tried to retreive the new config of that TN... result: corruption again...

So the vendor said '' we need to replace a card''... They did this morning, however, I cannot get rid of that TN in the MAT...

Each time they clear the corruption, the MAT screws it up again. I cannot OUT the TN in MAT because of error 2CH0128 (TN does not exist).
But in the PBX the TN does exist and has a config in it.
Then again, in the command line I cannot OUT that config either because of ... SCH0128.

Maybe that if I let the vendor remove the corruption again, and I rename that file that trvlr1 was talking about, and then let the MAT repopulate the TN's again, it would be solved?

Anyone knows where I can find that file on the MAT?

Just for giggles, go to LD 21 and prt SRDT.

About 10 years ago, there was a customer that had these same sort of issues, and somehow they had the SRDT code turned on, and as users were misdialing numbers, they were actually putting phones into Relocation mode..

>LD 21
REQ: PRT
TYPE: SRDT

REQ:

It outputs nothing but blank space...

No response is exactly what you want to see.

If there were any numbers (I cant remember if it would be TN's or DN's) in there, those would be unavailable to use. Essentially they are in "LA LA LAND".

trying to get that DN on another TN.... Vendor will clear the corruption once more, so I can reuse that DN

Then they will come onsite and reboot the switch..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back