Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Strange SCN issue 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcosgrove

Vendor
Feb 10, 2004
US
2 sites, both IP500v2, R9.1.9, 9608 sets. Valid Voice Networking license in each. SCN only seems to be somewhat working ONE WAY. Both sites have programmed an IP Office Line, Proprietary, SCN, unique Line group ID. Site A was installed first with VM Pro. We then added Site B and then needed to move VM Pro to site B (because they are a busier office, more AA use, more mailboxes, call recording, etc. Also if VPN went down, site A could live without voicemail where site B could not). When I established the SCN, in system status it show up and idle on the channels. I could dial from site A to B, but not from B to A. I then added a short code in B (2xx, dial, 2N, LG of SCN). With the short code there, I could dial across. I also noticed that the name/groups of A did NOT appear in contacts of B, but all of system B's users/groups appeared in contacts of A. Then finally, when I when to put Voicemail Pro at site B, I made all changed, site B was set to Voicemail Lite/Pro with local server IP address and site a was set to Centralized with LG ID of SCN. None of the users and groups of site A appeared in Voicemail Pro. However, site A could access voicemail from the phones! So strange. Anyone ever see anything like this and/or have any thoughts on what the issue could be? Currently, I have each site running on its own VM Pro.

Site A extn Range xxx
Site B extn Range xxx
Line groups are they all unique to each site
They need to be different. you cant have the same numbers on each site.

Are you sure its in SCN mode and not connected Via H323 Trunks only connecting.
The fact you have to put in a Dialplan routing 2N suggests this as SCN would not need it.

Site A extn range 12XX
Site B extn range 36XX

Line groups all unique. even the PRIs line ID at each site are different.

Definitely in SCN mode on both. I've also delete and rebuilt the IP Office lines and rebooted numerous times.
Exactly, it seems as if its set up like an H323 line, but it's not.

See screen shot of both SCN Network Status in Monitor. A can see B, B can't see A.

UroMonitor_s9bfex.png

Can you ping each IPO from each site.
Have you provided a Route from each IPO to the IPO on the other side from your Lan 1

TO Connect via the SCN discovery Tab. (IP OFFICE MANAGER)

You May have to Manually add the SCN IP Address of the remote sites if its not discoverable by 255.255.255.255.
Enter ip address as shown below in "IP Search Criteria" if not on the Same Lan.

SCN will discover the sites—Select SCN1 and TICK the BOX

All sites will now be shown with a Network Diagram” Black connected and Working.
Red – Not configured or not Connected

Yes, i can ping site to site.
Routes are in place.
I can even place calls site to site. Just need the short code in place at Site B.

SCN discovery shows black line as if all is well.

Sorry I am out of ideas.

I have only ever done 1 SCN with 3 sites.
Centralised voicemail.

Best of luck.

Hope someone else can chip in and help.

The only time I've had SCN issues like that are when customer had a couple of Netgear routers that would block some of the traffic. All of the fixups/ALG/inspect were disabled. At one site, downgrading firmware resolved. I burned thru a lot of time on that project.

My thought would be port blocking as well.....as long as the routes are set-up properly.

pinging...

Have you pinged from one IPO to the other? e.g. used SSA to ping with?

I've had multiple jobs where the remote access you have, or even on-site access you have permits you to ping both IP500's, but you can't ping from one IP500 to the other.

Missing route, misconfigured route, or ports blocked.

Don't assume because you're in the same subnet as one of the IP500's that if you can ping the other IP500, that the IP500 you're sharing the subnet with can necessarily do the same. I did, once, and there was a rather specific misconfigured route that broke it.

GB

upon a second read, if the shortcode dialing works, I don't think it's a routing issue.

wagering it's a firewall with some kind of deep packet inspection that is hosing the H323 SCN line.

GB

Do a Monitor trace and you will probably see that the AVRIP packages are not arriving at the site that needs the shortcodes to dial.

You have the SCN setup as Proprietary, change it to Websocket, give it a password on each end and it should be fine because most routers don't bugger up the port 80 information otherwise people are up in arms.

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

Change the transport type from proprietary to Websocket client on the site without voicemail pro and websocket server on the site with voicemail pro. set the password to be the same on both sides and save.

I had this issue at one side and whilst it was a network issue, changing to the above setup sorted it anyway.

| ACSS SME |

Sorry Westi, some how I read every post but yours :)

| ACSS SME |

Thanks all! I will give the websocket setup a go and report back.

No worries Pepp, thanks for the star.

I discovered that if one of them stops working change it to the other one and you are fine because I had it both ways.

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

Did you move the preferred edition license?

Had similar problems with proprietary lines and solved them by switching to WebSocket.

Thanks all! Changing to Websocket did the trick!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back