Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Strange problems with 6408 phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmock

IS-IT--Management
Oct 2, 2006
US
The system is an IP Office 412 running R5

I have a couple of phones that when you pickup the handset there is a noticeable delay in it picking up the line (between 1 and 10 sec). Also as you dial a number it will randomly hang up.
I have traded out the phone, the wall line, the port in the system, and even tried a different pair in the wall. Nothing seems to help. I deleted the extension and recreated it, still no change. On one line I ended up just trading it out for an IP phone.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Did you check for errors in system status, anything unusual in SysMon? You might have a digital module that is acting up.

6408 Phones are very reliable Phones. Are there any 4412/4424 on that digital module? I have had to replace quite a few of them, they take much more power than the 64xx/24xx phones, therefore adding extra load on the digital module. You should never fill a digital module fully if 44xx phones are being used. I cant remember the last time I had to swap out a bad 64xx phone.

Did You try powering down the 412, then turn off digital modules, turn them back on, wait 10 seconds then power up 412.

I do not have any other digital phones execpt for the 64xx. I have rebooted the system, but not a complete power down. I will try that once I can get an outage window.

What do you think of the 54xx phones vs the 24xx?

Thanks.

Sorry for the long delay in responding on this. I did a full power down, and am still having this problem. I know of at least 3 lines with the problem. Two on the same digital unit, but one on another.
Really clueless on this. What kind of errors should I be looking for in SysMon?

1. try the phones directly in the unit without the cables between the system and the phones
2. trace it with SSA to see what the system sees and what the system does with the information
3. 5410 vs 2410 is a price difference, the 2400 series is more expensive usually because these phones work also on the enterprice platform other than that they are the same.

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS

could be module firmware. perhaps upgrading to the last release of r5. Maybe running all modules through 3.2.99 then up to present release.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back