Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Strange Definity System Issue (older system) - Port in use

Status
Not open for further replies.

lwhalo

MIS
Feb 20, 2004
US
1) We have 23 CO Trunks going to TN747 Board which are used for Outbound Calling.
2) Our receptionist's phone constantly rings and when she picks up no one is there.
3) The display says the circuit the call is coming from is the one mentioned in Item 1 above.
4) I check the ports and determined that one of the ports (01A1201) is always Active.
5) I try to remove that port from the Trunk setup (port 17) and it always says Object in Use, try again Later.
6) I have rebooted the system but that did not fix the issue.
7) How do I disable that 1 port?
Thank you...

'busy port 01a1201', then to put it back in service 'release port 01a1201'.
i would take the crosswire off and see what happens. are these loop start or ground start CO trunks?

Thanks for the reply..

These are Ground Start CO Trunks. When I type in the comman "Busy Port 01A1201" the command is not recognized.

Since you are on an older system...
I guess busyout permissions are not available to you.
display system-parameters customer-options
Station and Trunk MSP? y is set to N
For older systems, you need to pay for them and only if you have an AVAYA supported maintenance.

Your description 1 to 4 seems to indicate that your ground start trunk is open... meaning high and dry. If you have a butt set with that ground plug try and see if you can ground it to get a dial tone. Otherwise, have your telco check the circuit on their end. It has been a long long time since i have worked with ground start trunks, but if it rings to your attendant, it usually means an open circut on the particular port described above.

Sorry, it is high and wet... meaning busy because you see object in use and unable to save.
Short term fix... have you tried to pull the jumpers?

check the dialtone for loop-start. If loop-start and programmed as ground-start, it will be permanently seized.

If it is really loop-start, you will need to add this to a different trunk-group

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

37 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 27 years and counting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back