Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Strange CM behaviour

Status
Not open for further replies.

crossmark76

Technical User
Mar 17, 2010
GB
Hi All,

I have recently created a group of new stations in a 4xxx range, we have not used this range before but I am seeing a strange behaviour when making outbound calls to 08452367047 which is one of our suppliers. The call is being denied and the traces show “denial event 1204: Bearer cap not implem” in CM and there does appear to be a codec agreed for the call, I can ring other numbers without issue from the new extensions and can ring this number successfully from other extensions in our current ranges (such as 1xxx and 3xxx).

I assume there must be something in the session manager that is causing this behaviour but need your help to troubleshoot and resolve. Below are two traces, the one on the left is a good call from extension 3640 and the right is a bad call from new extension 4010. I have duplicated 4010 to station 1002 and 1002 can call this number without issue so have ruled out COS/COR/Tennant etc…

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=4c2cce9b-fdbe-4574-9443-475558ae509e&file=pic.png
I'd suspect the issue lies with something like the CPN number / name (the failed call show no CPNnumbner and a name)

I'd be looking at the Public unknown tables.

Or A Session Manager SIP trace may provide a little more

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

FIXED!

issue was that there was no entry in the private known numbering table for the 4xxx range, there was entries in the public known numbering but the system must be seeing our SIP trunks as private :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back