Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Strange Call routing

Status
Not open for further replies.

MKU

MIS
May 8, 2001
NL
Hi all,

For once I' need your help now :)) ANd yes I am arrogant :))

I have stumbled across a weird problem. Somehow on of our ACD agents (not EAS) gets call offered for the wrong queue and seomtimes calls meant for her are going to an incorrect queue as well. I have checked "every" setting there is and have come up with zero results.

She is in the correct hunt group. All vector programming is correct and she exists in no coverpaths and at the time she gets the faulty calls, there are no call0-forwards to her extension and/or huntgroup vdn's etc.

There are no intercepts in the trunkgroups.

First I though it was some kind of routing on the public side behind a tollfree number, but the problem occurs in no pattern at all. Don't think it is an overflow to her extension and there isn't a certain time of day when this happens...

Like I said, I don't think this is something in the regular settings (pickup groups, coverage, CF, ACD, vectoring or anything..) but somewhere "hidden". AVAYA's solution for this is "remove the stattions and create a new extension for her" But in my opinion this is not a real solution.... just the AVAYAwauy...

MTIA

M.

Is there any possibility that calls are being transferred to her from another group or station? We had that problem here - people transferring incorrectly.
If not - are any of your vector steps failing? It would be helpful to see a copy of the vector controlling her group to make sure there's no chance for error.
email: jt@nserv.net (me!) if you want another pair of eyes on this one..
:)

There might be something to Avaya's solution. The Definity's memory is divided into basically three areas: program store, the administration tables and status memory. Status memory keeps track of active calls, health of various hardware, and amoung other things feature settings ( i.e. call forward, message waiting lamps, most idle agent, etc). I have seen cases where a feature such as call forwarding has been removed from a terminal but the calls still forward. Removing that station and adding that back in has cleared the problem. Your problem is a little different in that possibly there is a unknown station that may have some status set that is going to your agent's extension. Again it could be something else. An AAR or ARS pattern may have been set up wrong and is stripping and adding the digits of her extension. I have seen some weird things done in UDP tables, that may be another place to look. Have the agent write down what appears on her display, that can be a big help in finding the problem (if she doesn't have a display get her one while you are debugging the problem). Make sure she records everything listed on the display. If you have CMS, turn on agent trace, the trace may give you a clue. If you can get her to call you when she has an active call you can do a status station and may get some information there.
If I think of any other ideas, I will respond.

Leo V. Brown

Pbxman,

It isn't in the ACD environment, I am sure of that, checked all that, but thanks anyway....

Rgds,

M.

Leo,

But you have to agree with me that deleting & adding the extension isn't a soluytion but just a workaround.... this shouldn't happen....

M.

Yes I agree, but it is just like all the crap you have to do in Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office because things are constantly getting hosed because they don't work like they should.
I spent 12 years testing System 85, Definity G2 and G3 software and I saw a lot of things the Definity G3 "shouldn't" do but on the same time it functions VERY well. Writing real time code is not easy and the Definity G3 is a very complex system and every now and then something gets corrupted.

Leo V. Brown

Hi Leo - you seem like quite the Definity guru! ..We always need more of those around here, thats for sure!

Anyway - i'd like to pick your brain a bit if I could as well. We've had a few idiosyncrasies in the past with our G3si. Some of these "corruptions" that Avaya can't find or duplicate..but I see with my own eyes - does a good-old reboot help out at all? Sometimes it just "feels" like the switch is a little clumsy, and could benefit from a reload. Also - is reseating the cards in the switch equivalent to reloading? I don't do much physical maintenance on the switch - our Telco tech does...but im the Sysadmin, and am lookin for some "tricks of the trade".

Avaya doesn't recommend this - and they also don't recommend much for free anymore. ;) What does your experience suggest?

Well Leo,

That isn't a completely fair comparison. Phone systems have been around for a century. PC-based computer networks (pc based that is) have been around for how long about a 1/4 of that... in 5 years MS will have their products flawless as well. Lately I am getting more and more. "We can't solve this you have to upgrade to this and this" at huge amounts... and if it in't that you'll get a response that they can't fix and are just goign set things up from scratch. Last week we had some engineers from AVAYA re-installing a Prologix which we took out of service a couple of months ago and they just said that the thing was no good anymore and we should buy a new one, the only thing we did was power it down, take the cards out and ship the whole thing to another location.... ESD proof, special courier.. everything... In total they came up with about three major alarms two of them they solved themselves after continuosly pushing them to fix it and the third we had to solve ourselves after which they did the rest of the programming... The only thing AVAYA demonstrated that they have poorly trained engineers at the moment and that the only important thing right now is their stockrate... but anyways.....

Indeed G3's are wonderfull and almost flawless if you know how to handle/program them... The Labs are inventing great things and I greatly enjoy programming and managing all AVAYA products.... but the level of service at the moment... well let's just say that I am not that happy....

Like pbxman said, say with this forum because I do learn every now and then, and I do like the history bits an pieces to get more of background about how the definity became what it is today...

Rgds,

M.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back