Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Strange Analog Noise on Call Pickup with Verizion FIOS Analog 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

waldrondigital

IS-IT--Management
Mar 4, 2009
Dealing with a strange issue. Client has Verizon FIOS service with analog handoff to a analog trunk card in an IP500. When picking up the call on the second ring, there is a 1-2 second buzzing/flutter sound which can only be heard on the IP office side (from internal extensions), outside callers hear nothing. I've tried impedance matching, but have no idea why this is happening or what to do about it. We had Verizon come out, but they had no idea on how to fix it... I have them coming back next week with me here to investigate further.

I originally thought this might be an issue with the trunk card, which I replaced to no avail.

I've attached a recording picking up the call from speakerphone, recorded from my iPhone (m4a format).

Any ideas to help would be REALLY appreciated. The client has lived with this for quite a while and I'd like to get it licked.

hairlesssupportmonkey... thanks for the links. I checked those posts and they seem to deal with a sound prevalent on the entire analog call. My problem is the first second or so after picking it up... after that the call quality is perfect! It's a weird one. Outgoing calls have no issues on these same lines.

If you hook up an analog phone/test set directly to the analog handoff (before the IPO) does it happen on the analog phone?

Telecomboy... no this is specific to the IP Office. They had a Partner ACS with the same lines prior with no issues.

It's not just Verizon FIOS - and not the IP Office.

We experience this our office (we currently use the local cable company for service with emulated copper lines) and it happened prior to the installation of our IPO when we were using a Partner ACS with traditional copper lines. We're all too tired to do anything about it, so we blame it on the neighbors.

We'll be installing a PRI from the cable company in the next 45 days, and if I remember, I'll post any changes after the change.

We are having the exact same problem. FIOS lines, sound only after second ring, no problems with butt set. They were having the same problem on their ACS, and our brilliant sales guy told them a new IP Office would fix it. Nope. Customer is now pissed! We replaced everything, no change. We talked with Avaya tech support who told us "FIOS lines aren't compatible with IP Office" and wouldn't troubleshoot further. We are now trying to get them to install regular analog lines. Don't know what more we can do.

It would be helpful if I spelled VERIZON correctly in the subject of this post. FML

Of course I'd like to NOT have the client spend more money on any more modules, i.e. PRI interface, and hell I have no idea if Verizon can hand FIOS off on a PRI/BRI anyway... we are locked into a contract. Well if there's any analog configuration items that may affect this, I'm all ears.

Thanks for the help.

Are you sure this isn't the caller ID being delivered? Caller ID is delivered between the 2nd and 3rd (or 1st and 2nd) ring using old fashion 300 baud modem technology. Try haveing them disable caller id.

I HAVE A WORKAROUND!!!!

Hunt Group = ENABLE ANNOUNCEMENTS (but record no announcement)

Wait before announcement = 0
Post announcement tone RINGING

No second or repeat.

----

This way the damn system picks the call up before the person can hear the crackling!

Yes it's the CID causing issues for sure... Loop start solves it...

I will add that this only occupies a voicemail port for about .5 second before moving on to their primary hunt group... man I'm on a roll today!

Does your announcement fix stop the caller Id from coming through? Can you enable announcem
ent with embedded vmail?

Did you try asking verizon to turn of the caller id?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back