Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Stop Internal Recording Ip office with cm

Status
Not open for further replies.

amgad ali89

Technical User
Apr 22, 2019
EG
Dears
I have ipo 10 with application server with voicemail pro linked with communication manager with sip trunk the internal and external calls are being recorded i want to record only external calls is there a solution?

How are your triggering call recording in the first place? - it can be done against account codes, incoming call routes, users or groups.

By the way - calls to and from the CM will be treated as external in all cases even though you might think they are internal to your setup.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

sizbut
so there is no work around to solve this issue ?

You would need need to connect the two using QSIG - the IP Office will treat that as an internal network connection (I think, a long time since I've connected IP Office and CM but was always using QSIG).

If you trigger recording through ICR you can check with CLI if it's external or not.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

The trigger would be ICR but the recording is done by Voicemail Pro.

The way you "speak" to obviously more experienced members will lead into a situation where you will not get any help.

Need some help with IP Office?

QSIG is an old but reliable standard for connecting internal call two telephone systems. In IP Office world you can either set an PRI trunk to QSIG or you can set an IP trunk (H323 Line) to QSIG.

But doing either would simply flip your issue on its head since all calls coming via the QSIG would be treated as internal by the IP Office.

Without knowing the full scenario a bit better its hard to gauge the options but I suspect some more works with Incoming Call Routes might work. For example have one that does exact length matching on the incoming numbers (eg. -2XX if the CM extensions are in the range 200 to 299) but doesn't trigger call recording. Your already existing incoming call route which does have call recording enabled would then only match calls then come in with an external incoming number.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back