Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Stop datasheet using alternate colours 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrekBiker

Technical User
Nov 26, 2010
GB
Trying to stop a datasheeet subform from giving selected row a blue colour, except for cell with focus.

Tried design view / detail / changing Back Color and Alternate Back Color but the selected row remains blue in form view.

Don't know your version, but in v2007 you go to Options - Datasheet and set the Alternate Back Color to 'No Color.'

The caveat, here, is that you have to do this before creating the Datasheet View Form! Doing it doesn't change the appearance of previously created forms.

Hope this helps!

There's always more than one way to skin a cat!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

I assume the equivalent in my later version is to go to Design View / select Detail / Format tab / Alternate Row Color. But changing this doesn't get rid of the light blue colour on selecting a record, even when creating a new test form in datasheet view.

Thanks for your suggestion though.

Sorry...misunderstood your question! Don't think you can do away with the current/selected Record being hi-lighted, in Datasheet View. To be honest, can't imagine why you'd want to! But everybody has different needs!

As is often the case, when wanting something that looks like a Datasheet, but behaves differently than a Datasheet, I think you need to use a Continuous View Form and tweak it to look like a Datasheet. Moving from Record to Record, on this kind of setup, would not change the color of the selected row.

Linq ;0)>

Hope this helps!

There's always more than one way to skin a cat!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

Thanks for this, another line of pursuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back