Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

STMIX - ITSP configuration - Disabling SDP in 180 Ringing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fazyo

IS-IT--Management
Aug 26, 2006
IN
Hi,

I was configuring an ITSP on STMIX, OS4000 V10 system. The incoming calls were not maturing because SDP want send in 180 ringing. ITSP informed that they cannot process 180 ringing with SDP and asked me to disable it.

I could not find out where to disable the same. looking for some help in here.

Thanks in advance

ignore_100_rel_lw5g7q.jpg

Hi adibv ,

thanks a lot for the reply.

But I couldnot find these settings in my STMIX. May the loadware in my STMIX is older one.

could you please tell me in Voicegateway under which settings these parameters are.

This is the screenshot of my STMIX

stmix_kn5qh7.jpg

thanks again

Go on "SIP trunk profiles" folder and choose your provider
sip_d1lbca.jpg

hi adibv,

In my stmix card, only SIP server, registrar and proxies can be edited. Miscellaneous settings are showing as read only. The settings shown in your first screen shots are not available. did i miss any other settings?

I have logged in using TRM and HICOM credentials.

Thanks

stmix_wfnlyu.png

You said your 4K was V10. It’s hard to read in the screenshot but it looks like the stmix is V8R0 and the LW is A5.002-008. But it is for sure prior to the version where those parameters became editable on that page.

You need to update the STMIX. GW Manager in the Assistant will do it.

Disabling 100REL should solve your issue as it should then not send SDP in 1xx unreliable responses. This is assuming the provider supports disabling of 100REL. Always better to get the provider certified with Unify.

Hi,

I have updated the loadware to A9.007. But the platform version of the STMIX is still showing V8_R0.14. And those parameters are still not editable.

How to Update the Platform version of STMIX.

Please find this screeshot, hope it is visible clearly.

stmix_ehblfq.jpg

GW Manager will update the OS as well.

But OS update will not make those parameters manageable.

OS update must be done, but you need newer loadware.

hi,

I tried to update the OS but it returned with an error "transfer failed". I have heard that Unify has announced a service alert that certain STMIX has this problem and has to be replaced.

I am trying to do the update on another STMIX but will take some time to arrange one.

That can happen when you try the OS first -
Try update the loadware first and then it may also update the OS afterwards ?

Agree. Fixes for OS transfer can be within the softgate loadware. I think you need one of the A9.1xx versions to edit those parameters. If you do that, it will process calls and you can edit those parameters, but you should still take care of the V8 OS problem, because although it might seem OK sometimes you can get something unpredictable happening. To a lesser extent, Assistant and PLT HFs can also contain fixes for this so it's case of getting everything as current as you can and try again.

The issue about replacing STMIX is not this, it's for something different.

If you look at Edoku, IP Solutions, 2. Gateways HG, there are instructions for how to reset an STMIX, which involves STMIX PXE boot and OS reinstall from an image kept on the V10 4K HD. So that's another way to do it.

Did you resolve this? If you have trouble getting a newer loadware, another possible solution would be to ask the provider to disable their support of 100REL (ie making 1xx messages reliable with PRACK response). Because sending SDP in the first reliable response is a natural flow of supporting 100REL. If they disable that, 4K should send SDP in the 200OK.

Hi folks,

I couldnot arrange an STMIX but arranged an STMI4. Configured the same in another LTU and updated the loadware to A9.042 which is the latest i could arrange.

After updating the loadware those parameters has become managebale and I enabled the "Ignore 100 Rel" but still the SDP is being sent with 180. My ITSP is adamant that they cannot accept 180 with SDP.

I have taken a trace from STMI4 and also from a PC with a softphone (Phonerlite) configred. In the softphone the calls are maturing.

Trace from STMI4

STMI_trace_wphjyq.jpg

Trace from softphone

softphone_trace_dloelc.jpg

Can you send the pcap of bad case? Email to itsjustasmallproblem at gmail.

I had sent the traces by mail to you

thanks

Hi Friends,

The problem is resolved.

As Moriendi informed me the 100 rel has to be set to ignore and disable SDP for 1xx unreal for disabling the SDP in 180. I have observed that with the older loadware we cannot set 100 rel to ignore and only we can choose the predefined trunk profiles. But I have seen in old loadware that a profile has SDP disabled for 100 unreal (profile name verizon).

With the newer loadware I can set 100 rel to ignore but there is no setting for disabling SDP for 1xx unreal nor it is displayed the status of SDP for 1xx unreal. By recollecting the setting from older loadware, I tried the profile "verizon" with 100 rel set to ignore and it worked.

Its is surprising that Unify hasnot provided the option for changing those settings, maybe with the latest loadware they might have included it.

Thanks a lot for all your help

Hi Fazyo. You didn't reply to the mail I sent you until just now. There was a different way to solve this, but if Verizon works for you, OK. It's better to get the provider certified with Unify. That's why those profiles exist, because the provider was certified and that means problems like this can be overcome. If you look in the file I asked for, you can see there are a couple of other changes in the Verizon profile that are different from the generic profile, silence suppression disabled, update disabled etc. But if that doesn't cause an issue with your provider no worries. But you can also see in all those stored profiles, Verizon is the only one with 'disable SDP in 1xx unreliable' set to yes, so, it's an unusual requirement compared to every other provider.

If you find some other issue with the Verizon profile on your provider, we can try something else.

hi Moriendi,

infact i replied to your mail before updating in this thread. however i had forwarded the mail again to you with the configuration files attached.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back