Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

StarTalk Flash message/login problem - "Mailbox Full"

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwadswor

Technical User
Oct 12, 2001
US
We are having strange problems with a new user's voicemail box being unable to accept messages.

When called, the phone fwds to voicemail, then says "Mailbox Full". There are no messages in the box, and when I login to FEAT 981 and do a 'Send Message' to the box, it accepts it with no problems.

My only idea is that the box may not be initializing properly, and here's why: when from the particular extension (906) FEAT 981 is dialled, the prompt is "log:" rather than "Pswd:", causing me to think that for some reason voicemail is not seeing that I am dialling from ext 906.

One specific question: Can a voicemail box only be initialized from that particular phone, or can it be initialized from anywhere? (By doing a FEAT 981, choosing Other, and logging in as 9060000, and proceeding to change pswd, etc)

Any other ideas from any Gurus here?????

Does this seem like a phone profile issue, or a voicemail issue??

Thanks as always for your highly valued expert insight!!!

Jon

It don't sound like the mail box has been opened. You can open it from another ext. It will not take a msg before it is opened.

Its me agin that mail box full is most likely the general delivery mail box.

Make sure that DN 906 was assigned to mailbox 906. When dialing F981 from a mailbox owner's extension you will get a Pswd: prompt. As the previous poster said it sounds like DN 906 has no mailbox assigned and its calls are being routed to the General Delivery mailbox. Possibly another DN was assigned to mailbox 906 in error. Recheck the programming for this mailbox in the voicemail setup.

Brian Cox

All -
Thanks for your suggestions, I think we're halfway there.

It was in fact the General Delivery Mailbox that was full, and that problem has been rectified.

HOWEVER,
We are still experiencing the problem that, when extension 906 is dialled, the VM goes to the General delivery mailbox. Also, when, from extension 906, FEAT 981 is dialled, the user is prompted for "log:" rather than "Pass:", indicating that the StarTalk doesn't recognise that 906 is the extension calling.

I have deleted and recreated vmail box 906 several times, always putting in 906 as the extension that it is associated with, but still with no results.

Any ideas, anyone???

As always, thanks so much for your immeasurable help!!

Jon

When you dial feat 9 8 1 and get "log" the usual meaning is that the VM cannot find a mailbox with that ext assigned to it. If you check mailbox 9 0 6 and see that the EXT: is 9 0 6 then try to delete the mailbox and re-build it.

If you do not have someone regularly checking the GD mailbox you may want to turn it off, Feat 9 8 3 opt 6.

JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

my general delivery mailbox its full. how can i erase all the messages?

Only one message at a time. the good news is that you don't have to listen to the full message before deleting it, as soon as you start hearing the message play you can hit "8" and delete the message. you will be doing this a few times though.

----------------------------
JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

Mind like a Steel trap - Once used forever clamped shut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back