Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SSRS Header row repeat and lock?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solo4357

MIS
Jun 21, 2004
US
I have a table style report I built in report services. It has a couple of row groups and no column groups. I'm trying to keep the header rows static. By changing the view in the two group areas, I was able to change the top two static groups to Fixed data and it will stay where I need it to when I scroll down. However it's only on the first page. It disappears on the second page. I've tried to set repeat flags where I can find them to true but no luck. Any ideas?

In the future, I think you'd have better luck in the SSRS forum:
But there is a RepeatOnNewPage property that you can set directly in the RDL.

Here are some instructions (may be VS2008 specific, I can't confirm ATM):

1. In the grouping pane, make sure to turn on advanced mode (click on the small black down arrow on the far right of the grouping pane)

2. Select the corresponding (Static) item in the row group hierarchy

3. In the properties grid, set RepeatOnNewPage to true

Been a while since I did any SSRS development but these sound about right to me. Lifted from
Hope this helps,

Alex

[small]----signature below----[/small]
The author of the monograph, a native of Schenectady, New York, was said by some to have had the highest I.Q. of all the war criminals who were made to face a death by hanging. So it goes.

My Crummy Web Page

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back