Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Spoonerisms! 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdunderhill

Technical User
Nov 25, 2002
GB
Tony Banks
Hucks Diner
Nosey Cats
Hazelnuts

there we go! me and my uncle think of spoonerisms all the time

I realize that the spelling doesn't count, but I don't think Beith Kurton qualifies.

I don't think Beith would ever be pronounced as beef. I think it would be pronounced as Beeth. I think it's too much of a stretch.

Mike

>This proves by the man himself that my version of spoonerisms are indeed spoonerisms

It certainly does not

The real question isn't if "Beith would ever be pronounced as beef," it's if Keith would ever be pronouced as 'Keef.' I guess there *might* be those who speak this way.

jdunderhill, the question was mostly not whether you had constructed valid spoonerisms but whether they were interesting or amusing ones. Have you read the Worldplay Forum Tips And Guidelines?

-------------------------------------
A sacrifice is harder when no one knows you've made it.

Score one point in my favor for not knowing (or wanting to know) vulgar slang... hehe

Thanks e[sup]2[/sup]

I guess if management sees that sort of thing they will pull the whole thread

'If we're supposed to work in Hex, why have we only got A fingers?'

You know, as I was listening to "Minstrels of Mayhem", and listening to "Dueling Minstrels", they have a line in there that made me think of a spoonerism.

The lyrics were:
Singer 1: "All the ladies swoon at the sound of my voice"
Singer 2: "When they're shackled in the tower they have no choice".

... which made me think... would it be better to be shackled in the tower, or tackled in the shower? :)

Just my $0.02

"In order to start solving a problem, one must first identify its owner." --Me
--Greg

I've always enjoyed:
"Well oiled bicycle" / "Well boiled icecycle

The version of Spooner's history that I heard also has him telling a disappointing student to leave by the 'town drain'.

------------------
A view from the UK

this is in response to anotherhiggins restaurant deal (I have yet to figure out the quote function works on here).......if the moderator edits this one, I'll know that the restaurant name is fuddruckers........we've got one here, also, & I couldn't even count how many times that one's been "spoonerized"..........

Well, at the time I was misunderstanding which exact item was a problem, so I hacked almost everything. I think I'll leave it for the time being.

Speaking of intentionally borderline names, have you heard of the store, French Connection UK, fcuk? This is no accident. I was in San Francisco last weekend and saw one. Interesting marketing strategy.

yes!!! I have!!!!!!!! I've been there!!!!!!!!!!! some people are pretty sneaky........in their marketing ways!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back