Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Spectralink 8440 Handset firmware update 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

AH64Armament

Vendor
Sep 5, 2008
US
So, Spectralink product support is doing their "go read the guide" stance again, even though the guide in question really doesn't show how to do what's needed.

The site has a Spectralink handset that was recently replaced, but came with old firmware.
Previously, they would log into the phone web UI and select update. It would connect to I contacted support today, and they said that they had to retire that server and it's no longer available.

They need 6.2.2.xxxx firmware - which I've gotten. I had to authenticate the customer's support contract number and the serial number of the handset before it would allow me to download it.

I grabbed the release notes from that software, authenticated the same way.

I grabbed the Spectralink 84xx Series Software Update Procedures guide, and it's written in Geek... a language that I'm not familiar with as much as I should.

This is ONE phone with a site that has 40 or so.

I've asked for clarification from support, and they've simply responded with...
"Please look at the document "Spectralink 84-Series Software Update Procedures" found here:
This will walk you through the update."

That's the same doc I already have.

I could really use some guidance here:
I already have a TFTP server (in the 3300) that I can use. And I have an FTP server that I can enable... the guide references both, but not tell you which files to put in there nor how the handset can pull the file from the TFTP/FTP server.

Any help would be appreciated.

Are you still in need of this?
I can give you the info that I have on upgrading those handsets. I work with 8440's a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back