Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Spectralink 2211(Polycom i640) getting assert errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevo2283

Programmer
Aug 10, 2008
CH
I am getting an assert memory c ln 1045 on our Spectralink phones. I work at a hospital and so far it seems to only be happening on certain floors were there are more wireless ip phones, unless people on other floors aren't telling the help desk. We have 2211's(polycom i640), 2212's(polycom 8002), and 6140's(polycom 8020) here. I have only seen the error on the 2211's. I switched a few 2211's out with 6140's and told the people to call if they are having trouble with there phones. I havent heard anything yet from them and it has been about a month. I have downloaded the assert memory to the HAT tool and sent it to polycom. Any help would be great ive been searching for the fix for a while now. Also it seems to have happened after the IT Dept uploaded the newest firmware to the 2245 server.

Just as an FYI and many days of beating my head off the wall should you run into this issue and you are running 97.072 firmware on your 2200 series phones, polycom has a designer firware to fix this issue. The designer firmware is 228.004

Stevo 2283. We have just created a new wireless network with WPA2 encrytion and also are experiencing close to the same issue as you. ASSERT : Memory C but with LN 1068 problems only with model 2211 telephones (fireware version 97.072) Our 6120 have not experienced any problems. I know its been quite a while since you posted this but I though there may be a chance that you would respond. What firmware version are you running on your 6120 Phones and 2245 SVP Server. I appreciate your follow up to your original post as I will have my vendor get the patch from polycom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back