Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Some type of Do Not Disturb feature on Phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 5, 2007
US
My firm telephone system is a Nortel Opt11c on release 3.0 software. We have a user here who has a 3904 set with a PDN and one rollover key. His PDN and rollover appears on his two secretary phones. When he's on the phone and a second call comes in, sometimes he does not want to be bothered by the ring and would like to have a feature to press a key that would put the second incoming call and all other calls to go straight to his voicemail without rolling over to his second line. Is there a feature capable to program on a 3904 that can take care of this??

he doesn't want to go on and off forward to VM? It would only be 2 presses instead of 1. Could put a MSB on it, but that is what they would get - busy.

Mato' Was'aka

Pressing the forward key would be a good idea but on the 3904 set, you don't have the option to press the forward when on a active call. The forward feature is only available when the phone is in an idle state. The user would like his callers that don't get answered to go straight to voicemail so MSB would not be a good idea.

MSB is exactly the answer, you do not get a busy signal if you set it up to go to voicemail.

JohnThePhoneGuy

"If I can't fix it, it's not broke!

I programmed the MSB feature onto the users phone. I tested, by making a call from the users PDN and then pressing the MSB feature, made a second call coming into the users set, but the call still came in on the users rollover line. Is there something that I'm doing wrong?

I programmed the MSB on a 3904 and tested. If I call the number then press the MSB it does not change the call in progress ringing on the second DN, however subsequent calls are forwarded. If I press before making a call it then buzz's once and goes to voice mail with no opportunity to pick up on the initial buzz. So I do not think this will work for what MrTelephoneman is specifically wanting, though the user will only be disturbed once this way. Any other ideas out there?

StanleySteamer, thanks for the link but on gwebster's thread it says you need to be on rls 5.0 or higher, I'm only on rls 3.
Are there any other options?

Not a way I am aware of the push a ringing call to voice mail without gwebster's solution.

[©] GHTROUT.com [⇔] Resources for Nortel Meridian/CS1000 System Administrators - You Can Hire Me Too

Ok I'll just let this guy know he's out of luck with this one unless they dig in there pocket for an upgrade!

Thanks all for your replies...much apreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back