Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Softphone setup on IP 401 NG (small business?) 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

richardrscc

IS-IT--Management
Jul 25, 2008
GB
Hi

Wondering if anyone can help me with this. I'm not really overly familiar with phone systems, but was wondering if I am at least barking up the right tree.

A client has an avay ip office (I think it's a small business version). Unit type in manager says IP401NG v 3.2(54)

The client would like the ability to use the softphone over the VPN.

Should it just be a case of installing the softphone software, giving it the controller ip address (the routes are corect and it is pingable over the vpn) and entering a IP extension/password ? or is some further setup required?

Is any license required on the box? (just want to try out one softphone at this stage).

There is no support available on this at the moment, as the client had a bit of a falling out with the company that supplied it. - so another question - can anyone recommend a south-east UK based company for occasional support?

Cheers

Richard

you require 2 licences for your IPO first you need a phone manager pro licence and then a phone manager VOIP licence.

You will also need a Voice compression module.

There is another issue that the 401 is a discontinued unit and has been replaced by the IPO Small office system

Hope this helps

IP401 NG should be a "SOE" wich includes VCM channels.

Should read at the bottom how many "xVC".

Thanks for the input chaps - Janni, excuse me for being daft, but where exactly should I be looking for 'xVC' - can't seem to find it anywhere.

Should all these boxes come with a license usb/serial dongle by default, or is it an optional extra?

OBW - I believe this is a small office edition - and was purchased within the last couple of months- is it an out-of-date one?

TIA.
R.

It is not outdated but out of sale
This happend a couple of months ago
On the bottom there is a sticker with the type

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Voice Services Management

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor