Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Softphone Avaya

Status
Not open for further replies.

fmoraes

Technical User
Aug 24, 2015
BR
Hi There!

I have a CM Avaya Aura here and all of my sets are ip hardphones.
However I have the intended to use softphones in some departments (excluding CallCenter).
My network is separated (voice and data), but when I use softphone I couldn't have this scenario, because (or, at last, I guess... am I right?)
But, to softphone works fine, some people told me that besides to configure my network with QoS and other stuffs, it's necessary to apply somekind of GPO to mark the voice packets.
Well, if yould help me with some tips and important things to take care I will be very gratefull.

Best Regards,

Fabio

Helloôww?
Is there anybody in there?

You don't need a GPO for that, the softphone will mark the RTP with DSCP 46 for QoS.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

If your PC\Laptop's are on a data VLAN and your phones are on a different VLAN, so long as the traffic is being tagged with with the dscp value then QoS should be appropriately applied on egress into the WAN. I don't think you would normally QoS any traffic on the LAN, and I haven't heard that Avaya softphone clients can tag the RTP stream with dscp 46 - no idea sorry. We use a mix of hard and soft-phones. Softphone traffic goes on the data\pc vlan and i've not heard of many issues at all. Sometimes when client PC's have high CPU and memory usage it can cause what sounds\seems like voip quality issues but its not the fault of the network in that case. Avaya One-X Agent is good for remote contact centre users!! Or who just want to go soft in the office - so to speak.

Avaya doesn't have minimum requires to pc's for softphones?
Where I can find it, please?

Depends which one you're using, you can usually find them in the install guide for the softphone on support.avaya.com.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back