Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SoftConsole Profiles at R9.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

slamminhammo

Instructor
Jan 15, 2009
GB
Hi
I am very familiar with SoftConsole and have installed and trained on it for years now. Never had the problem I am experiencing at the moment

I have two problems on site with SoftConsole 9.1.
The problems appears to be as follows:
This is what happens:
• Profiles do not save correctly as below:
o When I save a Profile it saves in the same place it always has done – Documents\Avaya\IP400\SoftConsole\Profiles\Extension number
o
o When I try to open a profile it tries to open up one level back –
o Documents\Avaya\IP400\SoftConsole\Profiles

I proved this by copying the profile and SoftConsole could see it, otherwise it did not appear when logging on.

PCs are Win 7. they previously had Phone Manager Pro installed as this was an upgrade.
I arranged for their IT department to completely uninstall all traces of Phone Manager before we installed the Softconsole.
He informs me he removed all traces of anything to do with Avaya from the registry and so on.
The IT guy insists that all users have Local Admin rights to install S/W (Is this good enough? Is it different from FULL admin rights?)

the site also now has One X portal for some users and that is working fine
I wanted the SoftConsole users to use IM and put in the entries for it.
the S/C app is showing an error and saying there is no licence available for IM.
Does that need Office Worker as well as a Receptionist licence?

thanks

Technolgy - The Mother of Frustration

I know there a patch coming out in sometime Aug for soft console

I have run into many issue with 9.1 softconsole

ACSS SME

Thanks for that heads up

Yes it appears there are MANY problems with SoftConsole at R9.1
Can't believe a previously stable piece of software is now in such an appalling state.
I have received a Customer patch and that still has not resolved all the issues
I have multiple SR's open now with Avaya - What a complete waste of my time [mad]
If anyone is selling/installing it at the moment be prepared for problems

Softconsole 9.1 is a complet new written software with the old user interface. That is the reason why softconsole pre 9.1 is not compatible with 9.1 systems and vice versa.

I heard rumors that the new software is the first step and a new user interface will be the next one. No one knows so far if there will be mor functions available that are hidden right now because the options are missing in UI. Perhaps it can work as a softphone in next release or other enhancements...

Does someone have the latest Customer Patch for Softcosole 9.1?
Should you share it? thanks so much!

Patch attached
readme file explains
the latest installation manual says you must be sble to install softconsole software with full admin rights
If you do not have this then Softconsole will not be able to write log files using the -debug command line entry
I installed this patch but still have issues, hope you have more luck
SP4 will include this update

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=53ede213-fb2d-4cee-b448-389ed57e6dec&file=ReadMe.txt
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back