Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Soft Console 2.0.8 not receiving calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickBall

IS-IT--Management
Mar 1, 2004
GB
Running Soft Console it appears that it periodically logs the user out? (IP Office 406)
Phone manager is installed and running; User logs onto Soft Console and is part of the 'main' group to answer incoming calls. After a period of time, calls are presented in phone manager, but not Soft Console.
User is set to 'force login' so has to be logged in on phone manager to allow log on to Soft Console.
HAs anyone come across this problem?

Just to check... Is there any Login Idle Period set? Also, do the users log in and out of group on there phones during the day? As soon as a handset is logged out our Phone Manager produces an error "Cannot log in. This may be due to an invalid Username/Password.". It is the same with Soft Console.

No log in Idle set on any user.
The main 'Receptionist' is not able to log in / out of group on her phone, although people who cover reception can and do log in and out of group.

So is it the Receptionist that is having this problem or the users who log in to cover her? Are the people who log in to cover her in other groups before and while they cover reception?

Are you saying you have Phone Manager and Softconsole on the same machine ?? Big No No.

Coorect me if I am wrong :)

ipo.gif

The problem is with the receptionist. People who cover her are in other groups, and do log in / out of main group to cover, however I have proved this is not the problem.

Yes we do have phone manager & Soft Console running on the same machine. - If the receptionist does not log onto phone manager first, logging on to soft console fails.

I run both PM and Soft Console and don't experience any problems. Also I can open Soft Console without first starting PM and it's okay (versions 2.0.13 and 2.0.8). How is the receptionist dealing with breaks, by using No Calls?

I Agree with IPJedi that running both PM & Softconsole is not a good idea.

Why is the receptionist required to login?
the phone shoule be permenantly enabled & use the group button to opt in & out of group.
if you realy need to log in this can be done from the handset without the need for PM

also try the new version on soft console, apparantly a config merg can cause the softconsole to loose connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back