Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SMTP server IP address 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bprogrammer

Programmer
Aug 28, 2015
US
Does anyone know for sure what IPO release allows for a domain name to be entered in the SMTP IP address box?
I was told previously that 9.1 or higher would allow a domain name but I have a system, release 10.0.0.1.0 that does not appear to be able to accept a domain name. System is now owned by new client as old business sold and they want to utilize VM to E-mail.

Yes 9.1 or higher and definitely 10.0. If you have a system that will not accept an SMTP domain name it is older that 9.1, probably 8.0 or earlier.

Embedded or VM Pro? If it is embedded make sure to fill in the DNS tab.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

I am fairly certain it was added R9.0.3. R9.1 and R10 should always have it regardless of SP.

I happen to have R10.0.0.1 manager and I can tell you if I create a new config and look I am able to enter a domain not just an IP. Are you 100% certain the system is R10.0.0.1 and that is not just your manager version?

The truth is just an excuse for lack of imagination.

I was able to enter domain name. Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back