Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SMGR's (System Manager) Certificate Auto Renewed

Status
Not open for further replies.

sanniadnan

Technical User
Oct 30, 2019
BD
Hi All, SMGR's certificate auto renewed itself. After login to SMGR in GUI mode, it saying to restart to load the new certificate. SBCE's WebLM isn't working as WebLM located in the SMGR. SBCE running on grace period. Apart from WebLM, everything is running fine. My question is, is it safe to restart the SMGR? During/after restart, will there be any interruption to calls landing to the agents? Or after restart, do I need to install any certificate to other system?
Thanks.

SMGR is a management console and can be restarted anytime without affecting calls. You didn't say what version you are running but in later versions you can use 'rebootVM' to reboot SMGR. Otherwise, shut it down gracefully (do not just power off) in AVP/VMware and restart it there.

We're all ignorant, just in different subjects.

Hi JefferP, thanks for your reply. Its version is 7.1.1.

The rebootVM command is available on the 7.1.x loads of SM. There are also commands to start | stop | status jboss. See the SM 7.1 Admin guide for a full list of commands.

FWIW, you have to reboot smgr and not just restart jboss when it shows the renewed certificate message

Hi JefferP and kyle555, I used rebootVM cmd, everything is okay now. Thanks.

Awesome!!

Glad to hear it! Thanks for the feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back