Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SMGR slow after upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

steve64

Technical User
Mar 6, 2008
US
After upgrading the SMGR to release 6.3.8 the systemis much slower to respond to inputs. After about 2 weeks it slows to the point you would think it wasn't ever going to respond. Avaya support says they know about it and I need to restart jBoss. This works to speed it back up to slow but I am having to do this about every to weeks. Is anyone else seeing this type of problem or know of a fix. Is 6.3.9 any better?

I don't know if they told you the reason,
It looks like a bug, they said they fixed:

Long term solution:
Upgrade to SMGR 6.3.9 as this issue is fixed.
Defect number is wi01170683 titled "System Manager web console becomes unresponsive due to
accumulation of hornetQ messages associated with java:jmsXA." which can also be found in the 6.3.9
release notes on support.avaya.com

Support tells me that 6.3.10 is supposed to be released this month, so I hold off and just do the 6.3.10 SP. Hopefully they have created any new bugs in that version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back